Chapter ~ 22

"Because she's my woman!" He yelled, punching his jaw

_____________________________

Taehyung's sudden action caught everyone's attention. His words made Y/n widen her eyes in shock looking perplexed. Her mind started whirling with questions- What? Did I just hear it right? Did he... really mean it?-

But her thoughts were cut short when she saw the guy being yanked and pulled closer by Taehyung who looked so ready to swing another punch.

"Tae! Stop!" Y/n managed to say despite her heart still pounding to his words. She dashed from the counter and held his arm trying to pull him back but he didn't budge as he only continued to tighten his grip on the others t-shirt, glaring at him.

While Y/n was trying her best to stop Taehyung, the punched boy looked around desperately and his helpless eyes met the person he was looking for. "Ji--!"

"Taehyung, let go of him!" Jimin came rushing forward, immediately cutting off the boy before his little plan flops. "Everyone's watching, Taehyung." He whispered when the said person still had his grip on the other.

Eventually Taehyung shoves him away before grabbing Y/n's hand and dragging her away without a word, leaving a smiling Jimin behind who watched them go before passing an apologetic smile to the familiar boy he was been glared at.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

"Tae! Where are we going?" Y/n asked while being practically pulled by her best friend. It's been a few minutes walking and she had no idea where he was taking her.

Taehyung didn't answer. Instead, he continued walking before he turned a corner and climbed up a path; leading to a little hill.

"Where-" She cut off herself when they set foot on the grassy area.

Removing his grasp from her hand, Y/n walked forward and looked around in awe at the place he had brought her to. She could see the busy city below with distant moving vehicles and the evening sky above, greeting them with orange, red and yellow streaks.

Taehyung watched her with pure adoration while she admired the view with a beautiful smile. He immediately shook his head and snapped out of it when he remembered that he had brought them here for a reason.

Y/n was suddenly turned around and when she locked eyes with his, she found that he was already staring deeply at her.

She was about to ask him as to why he dragged her all the way here, but nothing went past her lips seeing his piercing gaze.

That very stare made her stomach flip multiple of times, so she quickly averted her eyes elsewhere trying to control the rapid beating of her heart.

"I need to tell you something." He said, breaking the silence. "Remember you asked me and I told you that I've already found the one for me?"

A sudden lump formed in her throat.
How will I forget that?
She thought as she nodded, "Y-yeah."

"I'm going to confess my love to her-" He said and that made her heart clench so tight that she found it so difficult to breathe.

Guess his words at the cafe meant nothing..

Hiding the unbearable pain deep inside she managed to pull up a smile. Y/n wanted to cry. Feeling the tears pooling up, she immediately looked down and blinked back her tears before Taehyung could notice.

"-right here, right now." He continued. He watched as her head immediately shot up, face etched with a look of confusion and shock, trying to process what he meant.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung started.

"It's really hard to keep these feelings to myself and not tell you. So listen carefully to what I'm about to say." His voice was deep.

"Y/n.. I love you- I've always loved you. It took awhile to realize that I had feelings for you all this time. You're amazing and I'd like to take our friendship to a romantic level." He confessed.

Taking a deep breath, he continued, "I want the usual useless bickering, the long walks, late night talks, cute pictures with you, to hold your hand, to call you my baby, the joking, the fights- I want to be one of those inseparable best friend couples that people will be like, 'you're still together?' - that's what I want.. with you." He said, his brown eyes looking deeply at her.

Taehyung felt a huge weight carried off his shoulders after his confession. But that didn't last long when he felt a sudden rush of nervousness kicking in as he looked at a wide-eyed Y/n who stood frozen in one place.

He scratched the nape of his neck; a habit when he gets nervous. He grew more and more tensed as complete absence of sound stretched between them.

He started panicking the second he saw tears streaming down her face.

I made her cry again.. Guilt was eating him up.
Ah stupid Taehyung! You should've known that this would make things awkward!

"I-I'm sorry- for making you uncomfortable! I understand- you want me no more than a best friend.." His voice broke as he forced a smile that didn't reach his once bright eyes, "..and I-" She cut him off by shaking her head.

"Taehyung-ah.." She sniffled looking at him while wiping the tears with the back of her hand.

"My feelings for you have changed as well." She smiled before continuing,
"I love you too." She confessed, blush decorating her cheeks as she looked into his eyes.

"W-what?" He teared while breaking into a big wide smile hearing her say that. He was so happy to know that she felt the same too which made him jump up in excitement and joy.

In the next second she was pulled into his warm embrace, his arms circling around her waist. Her body was pressed hard against him as he tightened his hold around her making her cheeks burn.

"I'm so happy.. to know that you feel the same way too." His lips brushed against her neck as he breathed out, sending a tingly feeling inside her. "I'm so happy too." Her words were muffled against his chest.

"Y/n..." He called to which she hummed. He slowly broke the hug but had his arms around her and looked at her with loving eyes while she had her hands placed on his chest.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Taehyung asked.

"Of course!" She responded with the biggest smile on her face and Taehyung had an equally big smile on his too.

He leaned forward, his eyes slowly closing which made her heart beat pound like crazy. He was so close that she could smell his minty breath and feel him breathing across her face. Her eyes closed too, waiting for their lips to meet.

But-

A/N-

But what? 👀

Yaaay! They confessed!😄

What do you think Jimin did there?

How are you doing?😊

Hope you liked the chap!😶

Pls vote and comment!❤

Until next time!