Changing Hair

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Madi is sitting between Mal and Evie during their Remedial Goodness class. As she hardly pays attention to Fairy Godmother, she draws the wand just like her sister is.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, a, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or d, carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asks as she points to the board. Evie was the first to raise her hand. "Evie."

"What was the second one?" Evie asks and Mal gives her a 'really' look. Madi continues shading in part of the wand she is drawing.

"Oh, okay. Anyone else?" Fairy Godmother asks. "Madi?"

"C, give it a bottle," Madi answers correctly once again as if it was the easiest thing ever.

"Correct. Again," Fairy Godmother says with a smile.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos says causing Madi shrug her shoulders as if it was nothing.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," Mal tells them causing Madi to nod her head in agreement.

"That makes so much sense," Evie says before a girl walks into the room and squeaks as she walks between Mal and Carlos.

"Oh. Hello, dear one," Fairy Godmother says.

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation," The girl says as she hands the paper to Fairy Godmother.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" Fairy Godmother says causing Jane to frown.

"Mom, no!" Jane pleads.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone," Fairy Godmother introduces. Mal and Madi quickly share a smirk as they start to figure out a plan to use her to get the wand.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were," Jane says before she rushes out of the classroom with a squeal.

"Ahem. Let's continue," Fairy Godmother says excitedly. "You find a vial of poison. Do you, a, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or c, turn it over to the proper authorities?" Evie's, Carlos', and Jay's hands all shoot up.

"Oh! Ooh... get off," Carlos says as Jay holds his hand down.

"Jay," Fairy Godmother calls.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities," Jay answers with a smirk.

"I was gonna say that," Carlos says with a pout.

"But I said it first," Jay says before wrapping an arm around Carlos' head. "Come here!" He then starts rubbing his knuckles in Carlos' hair giving him a noogie. "Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?"

"Boys," Fairy Godmother calls while tapping on the board. "Boys!" They all stop and look at Fairy Godmother. "I am gonna encourage you boys to use that energy on the tourney field."