If Only

CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

The next day Ben had found Madi and asked her on a date. But the true surprise of the day is that Jay asked Mal out on a date as well. So, Madi and Mal were currently looking for Evie.

"There you are!" Madi calls as she sees Evie sitting beside Doug. "We have been looking for you literally everywhere!"

"What's wrong?" Evie asks her.

"Ben just asked me out on..." Madi answers before letting out a huff. "... a date."

"Nice," Doug says as Evie smiles.

"And Jay asked me out," Mal says causing Evie to let out a squeal of excitement.

"We can handle this. Bye," Evie says as they start walking back to the dorms. "You're both looking a little pale."

"Yeah, of course,"  Madi says.

"I can fix that with some gloss and some blush," Evie explains and Madi nods. Once back at the dorms, Evie started getting both of the girls ready. Mal was ready first and had already left.

"Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could," Madi says after what felt like the 100th brush stroke.

"Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes," Evie explains with a smile.

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips and Mal isn't into this kind of stuff," Madi explains before Evie started on the lip gloss.

"Well, now you both have me," Evie says with a smile. "We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask snow white."

"Are you afraid of her?" Madi asks.

"Sometimes," Evie admits. "Are you afraid of your mom?"

"I just really want her to be proud of me and Mal. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me...In her own way. My dad is just way better at caring," Madi explains.

"Moving on. Come see," Evie says knowing how Madi and Mal didn't like to talk about their dad. Mal more so than Madi though. Evie brings Madi over to the mirror.

"Oh," Madi says with a laugh as she sees herself.

"I know," Evie says.

"I look..." Madi starts.

"Say it," Evie says with a smile.

"Not hideous," Madi finishes.

"Not even close," Evie says before walking away. Madi then looks back in the mirror and realizes that it is Auradon that is making her this happy. There is a knock at the door before Evie holds back a squeal. Madi opens the door to find Ben on the other side holding two helmets.