Love Spell

CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

After curfew, the villain kids snuck down to the kitchen to make cookies which is the love spell.

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry," Mal says as she reads from the spell book. Madi is standing between her and Evie while the boys sat on another counter.

"Let's just chop up some onions," Carlos says as if it would solve everything.

"No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness," Madi tells him while Mal nods in agreement. "And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly."

"A tear's a tear," Jay says.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear," Evie explains causing Madi to look at her in shock.

"Listen to you," Mal says causing Evie to smile.

"Yeah, I knew that," Jay says as if he didn't mess up.

"Did not," Carlos argues.

"Yeah, I did," Jay says quickly.

"There you are, Mal, Madi!" Lonnie says as she rushes into the room causing Madi to quickly cover the book with a napkin. "I was looking for you both. You know, all the girls want you both to do their hair? Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?"

"Nothing special. Just cookies," Madi answers her.

"Oh, no, no!" They all say as she dips a finger into the dough.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip," Lonnie says as she eats the dough.

"Feel anything?" Evie asks her.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal adds.

"Hey, there," Jay says charmingly as he stands in front of Lonnie.

"It could use some chips," Lonnie answers as she walks away from Jay causing Madi to lightly giggle.

"Chips?" Jay asks as Lonnie opens the refrigerator.

"And those are?" Madi asks relieved that nothing happened to Lonnie.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group," Lonnie answers as she walks over to them with a bowl that has small pieces of chocolate in it. "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" Lonnie adds some to the dough but they all look at her in shock from what she is saying. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." The shock quickly turns into looks of sadness. "why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just different where we're from," Mal tells Lonnie.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids," Lonnie says causing them all to look down sadly. "Oh... How awful." Lonnie grabs Mal's hand before a tear starts to roll down her face.

"Yeah, well, big bummer," Madi says as she swipes the tear into the cookie dough. "but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal pushes Lonnie out the door as Madi mixes the dough.

"Okay, boys, cookie sheet," Madi says. "Evie, oven." They get the cookies baked before going to bed.

The next day Mal and Madi follow Ben and Audrey onto the balcony where the lockers are.

"Look, It's Mal and Madi. Hi, Madi! Love my hair, Mal, Madi!" The girls below the balcony call as they see the girls above them. Jay then walks up to Mal and Madi who are at their lockers.

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, It's not so bad here, you know," Jay says with a dreamy smile. Madi couldn't help but agree with him a little bit for some reason.

"Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!" Mal says before snapping in his face.

"Thanks, Mal. I needed that," Jay says before walking over to the balcony. Madi starts going through her locker while she listens to Jay, Ben, and Audrey.

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" Audrey asks Ben.

"Oh, hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight?" Jay asks the girls below him. "Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal."

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and fairy godmother's not happy about it," Audrey explains.

"What's the harm?" Ben asks her.

"It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" Audrey explains causing Madi to roll her eyes.

"Listen, Audrey..." Ben tries.

"I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?" Audrey says. "Bye, Bennyboo." Audrey gives Ben an air kiss before she walks away. Madi quickly grabs the cookie from her locker.

"Hey, Bennyboo!" Madi says sarcastically as she closes her locker and faces him.

"Hey," Ben says with a smile as he walks over to her.

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?" Madi asks him with a smile as she holds up the bagged cookie.

"Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time," Ben says before trying to walk away.

"No, yeah. I completely understand," Madi says causing him to stop. "Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."

"No, no, no," Ben tries.

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that," Madi says.

"No, that's not it. No, no, no, I...I really do..." Ben tries to fix the conversation.

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart," Madi says with a smile before taking the cookie out of the bag. "Oh, well, more for me, I guess."

"No, no. Hey..." Ben says as Madi goes to take a bite of the cookie but he takes it away from her and takes a bite. "see that? Totally trust you. Totally." Madi smiles before glancing at the other VK's, who start making their way over.

"How are they?" Madi asks.

"They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're, uh... I mean, they're chewy and, and you know, they... is that walnuts?" Ben says with a few chuckles and Madi nods. "I love walnuts. I mean, uh, you know, the...The chocolate... The... the chocolate... The chocolate chips are... I'm sorry. Um... Uh, they're... They're warm and soft. And they're sweet... Madi, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" Ben goes to take another bite but Madi takes the cookie back before putting it back in the bag and handing it to Mal, who looks at the cookie in amazement.

"How you feeling, bro?" Jay asks Ben as he grabs his shoulders.

"I feel... I feel... I feel like... Like singing your name. Madi! Madi!" Ben says before he tries to start singing but Madi quickly covers his mouth. Jay then quickly drags him off to the game.