Auradon Girls

CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

"Madi, please, over here! Madi!" Reporters call bringing Madi out of her daydream.

"Only three days to the Royal Cotillion," A lady says before holding out her microphone to Madi.

"Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court?" A girl asks before holding out a recording device.

"How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?" A guy asks and Madi tries to talk.

"Well, do you like being blonde?" Another lady asks.

"Is your mother still a lizard?" The first lady asks causing Madi to glare at her.

"Okay. All right. Excuse me," Ben says as he makes his way through the reporters. "Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes." Ben wraps an arm around Madi's waist as she just smiles at the cameras.

"Did you ever think you'd be with a Villain Kid?" The first lady asks causing Ben to fake chuckle.

"We're done here," Ben tells her with a smile.

"Okay. Shush, shush. Shoosh, shoosh. Shoosh, shoosh. This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing," Fairy Godmother says as she comes to stand in front of the couple. Madi lets out a sigh as she leans her head on Ben's shoulder and stares up at Ben. The reporters go to ask more questions but Fairy Godmother makes them leave. "Madi. Ben."

"Fairy Godmother," They both say before she walks away.

"Whew," Madi says as she faces Ben.

"Don't pay any attention to them," Ben tells her with a smile.

"Well, that's a lot easier said than done, right?" Madi says with a laugh.

"I know. I know. You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away," Ben says causing Madi to genuinely smile.

"Yeah," Madi agrees excitedly.

"You know, what do..." Ben starts before looking at his watch. "I have a council meeting. I'm so late!"

"That's okay," Madi tells him.

"We'll... We'll do it sometime. Uh..." Ben says before going to kiss Madi but she is pulled away by Evie.

"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" Evie tells Madi with Mal behind her. Evie looks at Ben. "Hi." Evie turns back to Madi quickly. "Let's go. Let's go."

"Bye, Ben," Madi says as Evie drags her away.

"Bye," Ben says with a smile as she leaves.

"King Ben! King Ben! King Ben!" The reporters say as they swarm him.

"Uh..." Madi says as Evie pulls her shoulders back. "Oh!" Evie zips the dress up. "Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe."

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion," Evie tells her as she looks at the dress. The dress is the royal blue and yellow, that are not the normal for Madi but she is trying to play the part of Ben's girlfriend.

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is," Madi says as Mal and Evie fluff her dress bottom.

"Impeccable," Evie says before blowing a kiss and Mal nods in agreement. Madi glances at the coat rack and sees her jacket from the Isle.

"Evie? Mal?" Madi asks.

"Hmm?" Mal responds as Evie measures Madi's waist.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Madi asks them causing Mal to look at her shocked.

"That's funny," Evie says sarcastically before the royal news comes on. "Ah! Look who's on TV." The news shows Madi and Ben dining with Jasmine and Aladdin.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine," The reporter says. They show Madi spitting some food into her napkin and receiving a new one causing Madi to laugh. "Six months ago no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

"Yeah. No kidding," Madi says with a sigh.

"Madi must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion," The reporter says before Madi gasps remembering the book she has to read. "when she will officially become a Lady of the Court."

"Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need," Madi reads out of the spell book. Madi moves her finger over the book about being a lady of the court before she starts reading it really fast.

"I know Madi's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Mal says as she walks over to the bed.

"Mal, you remember what I was like before I started using the spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster," Madi explains to her before she goes back to reading.

"Well, personally, as one of your best friends, I strongly believe that this spell book..." Evie starts as she grabs the spell book from Madi's lap.

"Ah!" Madi says as she reaches for the spell book and Mal sends her a glare.

"it belongs in the museum, along with my mirror," Evie finishes causing Madi to pout. "Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right."

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Madi asks Mal and Evie.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Mal asks to clarify as she and Evie share a look.

"Yeah!" Madi answers excitedly.

"No!" Evie says.

"What?" Madi asks them confused.

"Why would we?" Mal asks as she and Evie walk over to Madi.

"M, come here." Evie grabs Madi's hands and pulls her in front of the tv. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now." On the tv it shows Ben feeding Madi a strawberry.

"Since Madi revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite..." The reporter says as it shows Madi feeding one to Ben.

"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here," Mal says with a smile while her and Evie still watch the tv. Madi looks down with a frown. "So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" They all look at each other before Evie looks at the table.

"Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them," Evie says as she picks up Madi's shoes for the cotillion.

"Mm. Severe," Madi says with a fake smile. Madi changes before they head to class.