-10-

Floating in and out of consciousness, saying the brown haired Lee Chan was okay was a stretch. A very, very huge one at that. With beads of cool sweat running down his forehead and blood falling from his face to make a ghostly complexion, the high school boy felt far from fine. Instead, he felt as if he was drowning. Not in water, or liquid of any kind. Instead, he was drowning in a thick darkness, the abyss slowly but surely covering every inch of his skin and filling every crevasse in his body. Within minutes, his lungs began to halt for seconds at a time, a burning sensation filling his airways. 

As the group stood in the moving elevator, on their way to whatever floor the seemingly heroic fairy were bring them to, Chan's state became worse and worse; the feeling deepening into less of a discomfort into a raging pain, begging for any release. With Mingyu's strong arms around his torso and his pale face buried in his neck, Chan leaned over to the older's ear and used every last fiber of energy left in his system to speak out to the silver haired man. "Mingyu." He said with a breathy tone, concerning the tanned individual from the pure emotion in his voice, the state of his usually positive tone worrying him farther than ever before. "I don't feel well." Chan mustered out, grabbing a fist-full of the taller's shirt; pulling on the cloth for an anchor to stay conscious. Even with his hard grip, he felt his eyes roll back and his mind go blank, only to soon return to the light after a couple of seconds. 

Noticing this behavior, the taller strengthened his hold on the younger and held him closer to himself; resulting the the younger's face being even deeper into his neck. With a concerned but equally concerned tone, he rubbed small circles onto the younger's back and began to question his words. "What do you mean?" Mingyu whispered, only the ill-looking caramel haired boy hearing his soft voice accompanied with an emotional tone. The taller felt the younger's breath hitch against his skin, the younger boy's grip on his own white shirt growing stronger. 

"Hard to stay awake...." He muttered quietly, almost hard for the attentive elder to hear. However, just loud enough for his audible senses to pick up on his desperate words, the silver haired man's motherly instincts falling into motion. Before the now very worried film major could even make a second comment about the younger in his arms, Chan said one last sentence with a breathful tone. "Can't....breath."

Before Mingyu could even form a sentence or comprehend what the other had said, he felt the young boy fall limply into his arms; his swollen eyes shutting and his even breaths hitting his neck softly. With an excessive amount of worry filling his system, his eyes widened with shock; not knowing how to respond in the slightest. However, as seconds passed by and the reality of the unfortunate situation fell into place, nothing but guilt and utter anxiety filled his lungs from top to bottom. Without a second to waste, the tanned boy screamed into the metalic box; scaring all the remaining three boys with his hysterical voice. "Hey! Chan just passed the fuck out!" He yelped, all Hansol, Soonyoung and Jihoon turning to him with confused eyes and invested facial expressions; wanting to know exactly why the other was screaming in such a dire situation. 

"Excuse me?" the shortest man asked, not understanding the sudden urgency or the meaning in his voice or twisted words. 

"He just passed out! Went out cold!" Mingyu said with panic rising in his voice while referencing the unconscious boy in his arms: both Soonyoung and Hansol's stomaching dropping miles with his announcement. With fearful tears filling his eyes, the silver haired boy began to speak once again. "Before he passed out he said he wasn't feeling well and it was...hard to breathe? I think? I-i don't know." 

Before the fairy blooded boy could even make a remark tears fell from the tallest's eyes, leaving streams of salty, vain tears on his flush cheeks. The shorter man could feel the tension in the elevator rise by the second; fear, confusion and utter worry filling the area, choking Jihoon with the viscosity. He also say all of their auras change colour, alarming the man when the younger's aura was unreadable. However, the man didn't let it win. Instead, he dove up from the pressure and took rein over the situation, the lead of the future in his soft, small sized hands. "Hey, don't worry. We're gonna figure this out. I'm letting anything bad happen to your friend." He spoke smoothly, the tearful still staring at him with unsure eyes. "I made sure Junhui was okay and I will make sure this boy is okay. You just have to trust me."