Chapter 7

„Bee?" Raf called his friend's name when he found him sitting by the entrance to the old war ship hugging his knee plates and with his helm hidden in them. „Bee?" Raf called again when Bumblebee showed no movement or anything that could sign Raf he knew about him. So Raf stood in front of him and touched his digit. Bumblebee moved with it finally noticing Raf's presence. *Sorry, Raf. I was lost in my thoughts.* Bumblebee said. Raf smiled a bit. „It's alright Bee. It was a long day, wasn't it?" Raf replied and Bumblebee smiled a bit.

Raf sat down not taking his eyes off Bumblebee's optics. „Are you alright?" he asked. Bumblebee sighed. He wanted to tell Raf he is fine but he knew Raf wouldn't take it as the proper answer. *It just...It hurts a lot to see someone who is close to you being shot after you called him for help. It's my fault he got shot.* he truly answered. Raf's face fell. „That's not true, Bee. You couldn't know this to happen. You know no one can stand against Megatron alone." he said. *Yeah, and that's what I did wrong. I was exhausted by the fight and I let Smokes fight him alone.* Bumblebee argued. Raf knew Bumblebee has a soft spark for anyone especially the only bot who is younger than him and that was Smokescreen. Raf didn't know how much younger Smokescreen is but he heard something about him being sparkling when the incident by the Tyger Pax happened but Bumblebee himself still isn't an adult bot as well.

„Am I the only one or seeing them like this seems weird to any of you too?" Miko asked after a few seconds of looking sadly at two hurt Autobots. „Don't worry, kiddo. They're gonna be fine. Besides, Silence is a Wrecker and Smokes is the brother of Wrecker they both have a tough root." Wheeljack replied while being checked by Ratchet for any bigger injuries. „Stop squirming Wheeljack or I'll have to hit you with something," Ratchet growled frustrated by Wrecker's restlessness. „As you wish, Doc," Wheeljack replied rolling his optics. „Don't call me Doc," Ratchet growled and when he saw the smirk on the other bot's face plate he added. „don't even think about it," he warned and Wheeljack chuckled. „Do we want to know what was that about?" Bulkhead asked. „Nah, it's nothing interesting," Wheeljack replied.

Suddenly Silence started to wake up. Ratchet let go of Wheeljack who was perfectly fine and rushed to Silence's side to scan him. A few seconds later Silence's bright blue optics opened but now they seemed to be a bit dimmed. He blinked multiple times to blink away the blur he saw. „R...Ratch..." he tried to say the medic's name but his neck cables felt sore and it felt like it was on fire. „Do not try to speak, Silence. You were badly hurt so take it easy. But now hold still." Ratchet said and scanned him.

Silence looked around and noticed lying Smokescreen next to him. „Wha..." he couldn't finish. No one had the spark to tell him so Optimus took the word. „He was shot by Megatron when we were saving you on the Nemesis." Silence's expression changed from confused to sad and one time all of them felt he was going to cry. „Don't worry, Si. Smokes is a tough kid." Wheeljack said. Silence smiled a bit. He would like to sit up but he felt so weak to even lift up a helm. He wanted to tell Wheeljack how happy he is to see him.

„We are happy you are up, Silence," Arcee said smiling at the immobile bot. Silence just weakly nodded and soon fell into a recharge. „He needs it," Wheeljack said and left the room to see how's Bumblebee. „So we have two hurt bots and one traumatized. Is that even possible? I thought Bumblebee fought in the war." Miko said. All Autobots turned to her. „Miko, not even war cannot rid you of emotions," Arcee replied. „Besides, seeing someone who is younger than you getting hurt bring you a shock. Especially when you are as young as Bumblebee." Ratchet explained. „How old is Bumblebee?" Jack asked. Ratchet thought for a while. „In human years he would be a few years older than you Jack," he said.

 „Really? That's crazy!" Miko yelled. „Calm down Miko. We don't need you to wake them both up." Bulkhead warned. „Sorry, it's just...wow," she replied.

Wheeljack slowly came to the young scout and his human partner. „Hey, young ones," he said making them both jump a bit. He sat next to the yellow bot and put his big palm on his shoulder plate. „How are you holding up, Bee?" Wheeljack asked. Bumblebee sighed. *I'll be fine.* was all he said. „Common, Bee," Wheeljack replied sounding surprisingly serious. *Okay,* Bumblebee started. *it was terrible, Wheeljack. I couldn't help him. I asked him for help because I couldn't hold him back anymore. I know no one can stand against him alone but I let him stand alone. I was weak. So weak.* then he hid his helm into his knee plates. Wheeljack sighed he knew that feeling too. That feeling of guilt.

„Bumblebee. It was not your fault, I am sure he would do it even if you didn't tell him. He is a stubborn kid just like you are." Wheeljack said trying to light up Bumblebee. *Maybe but...* Wheeljack cut Bumblebee off. „But what? You both could've been dead by now if you didn't tell him." *But why him?* Bumblebee said making Wheeljack look at him speechless. *It should've been me.* Bumblebee whispered trying to avoid another drip of coolant. Wheeljack didn't know what to do so he side-hugged Bumblebee making him shoot up his head in surprise.

Raf smiled at the scene in front of him. „Don't worry kiddo. They both will be alright. And do not make me tell them what you said." Wheeljack teased playfully. *You wouldn't.* Bumblebee said back. Wheeljack smirked. „What makes you think I wouldn't?" Bumblebee gave him a look. *Don't you dare.* he warned now playfully as well. „Oh, and what are you going to do about that?" Wheeljack asked giving him challenging look. *I will beat you senseless if you do.* Bumblebee replied. „Oh, little bot wants to sound hard, doesn't he?" Wheeljack chuckled. Bumblebee elbowed him playfully.

„Looks like I made little bug act like himself, huh?" Wheeljack said after a few minutes of playful elbowing each other. Bumblebee smiled a bit. *Maybe.* he said. „Kiddo, I know everything about you, even about your sparkling hood. I know that all you know is war but not here and not now. Smokescreen, Silence and your human buddy needs a friend, not a warrior." Wheeljack said motioning to Raf who fell asleep next to them. Bumblebee looked at his best human friend and nodded. *I know but I don't know any other way how to act than I already do.* he said. Wheeljack smiled. „Just act like yourself. It should be enough," he said. *Thank you, Wheeljack.* Bumblebee said before he pinned his eyes to a beautiful sunset in front of them. „You're welcome, kid," Wheeljack said and looked and the sunset too.

„You look almost cute like this you know that?" a new voice made two Autobots jump in surprise and shock. Bumblebee jumped at his peds and rushed to hug Smokescreen who was standing in the doorway. „You spied on us, kid? Good one." Wheeljack laughed and came to Smokescreen as well. „Si is up too," he said happily. Bumblebee was relieved both of them were alright. He came back outside to take sleeping Raf inside. *You scared us you know that?* Bumblebee whispered as they walked through the corridors to the others. „Yeah, I know. I don't know what got into me back there but I am glad it did." Smokescreen joked and got a look from Bumblebee. „Do not joke like that or next time you will end up worse, kid," Wheeljack said. „Okay okay sorry." Smokescreen immiadetly replied.