Chapter 10

„Why, brother...?" Silence gasped with half-closed optics looking at the bigger bot above him. „You are weak and you always been. It has always been like a curse to have you and that brat around. I should've done this earlier so they all did not need to make you think I am dead. How pathetic." Supreme replied with an evil smirk on his face plates. „They did it...because they don't want me to...to know about your betrayal." Silence growled. „Why? Little Si would be a spark broken?" he half knelt down in front of Silence pressing his sword to his brother's neck cables. „You are a disappointment in my life. And also of our creators' lives." Supreme said. „No...you're wrong..." Silence said heavily. Supreme chuckled. „You don't remember anything. Our creators were Decepticons!" Supreme yelled into Silence's face. Silence's optics widened in shock. „No, you're lying," he said not wanting to believe what his brother just said. „Oh, do I? Let's see, didn't our creators have red optics? Or Decepticon logo on them?" Supreme said venomously. „I don't know. I was sparkling when they died." Silence replied half unconscious from Energon's loss.

Something clicked in Supreme's spark and he remembered times when they were best friends. They were living together, playing together. They were brothers. But then the war started and their creators decided to join the Decepticons, Supreme decided to follow it and he became a Decepticon spy in Autobot's army. But Silence was just a little sparkling when he decided it. Silence didn't know he was a Decepticon he only knew he had an Autobot logo. And when Silence found Smokescreen a few human years after the war started there was no doubt his younger brother will join the Autobots because it was the Decepticons' side because of which Smokescreen became an orphan.

So when Silence as a scout went to spy on Megatron along with Bumblebee Supreme knew this would be a great way how to get rid of his Autobot sibling. But when Megatron let them both die with serious injuries he couldn't finish them it was harder for him to see his little brother dying than he thought. He decided to take away his memories about their last days together so he wouldn't know anything about him being a Decepticon but he forget to take away from him other memories he wanted to take. Like him becoming an Autobot or him finding Smokescreen or the incident of Tyger Pax.

He knew he can't kill his brother not now and not like this. He took off the sword from Silence's neck cables leaving no injury. „You are lucky, as always," he growled and ran away. Other bots started to remain conscious while Silence started to lose it. Wheeljack knelt next to him. „Hey, bud," he started. „did he hurt you?" he asked holding his own injury on his side. Silence shook his helm for no. „Just...beaten." was all he said before he passed out. Wheeljack shook with his friend to wake him up but with no luck. Silence was out cold.

„Hey, Ratch. We would need a Bulk here." Wheeljack called the base. „I am on my way, Jackie," Bulkhead replied immiadetly. „Big guy is on the way," Wheeljack said toward other Autobots and asked. „is anyone seriously hurt?" „A few hits but I don't think they are serious," Optimus replied when he helped young scout on his peds. Arcee looked herself over. „I am fine," she said. „you were right, Wheeljack. His punches are indeed strong. Maybe more than Megatron's." she added. Wheeljack stood up still holding his side. „Yeah, he has a very strong punch but his shots are more deadly. He always aims for weak places," he said. „You asked us if we have serious injuries but it's you who is obviously badly injured," Prime said looking at the Wrecker. Wheeljack just waved his hand. „It's alright. I will just ask Doc if he can repair it. I've been worse." 

 „Guys! I am here!" Bulkhead called when he found his team in a small room all of them beaten. „Good you're here, pal," Wheeljack replied. „What happened to you guys? You all look like a mess, except for Arcee." Bulkhead pointed out. „We were honoured by a fight with the traitor," Arcee explained. „Oh, and what about Silence?" Bulkhead asked when he saw his teammate unconscious on the floor. „We have to get him out of here. He lost a lot of Energon. And his wound from Meggie opened." Wheeljack replied smirking at the new nickname for Megatron. „Ratchet won't be happy about that," Arcee said. *It's our fault, Arcee. If we told him maybe he wouldn't come here.* Bumblebee replied.

„He could've killed him. We made a fatal mistake." Optimus said hanging down his helm a little. They all knew it was their lies that led Silence here. „I'll take him back. I am almost like a medic here." Bulkhead said making Bumblebee and Wheeljack laugh. „Just let's get out of here," Arcee said sighing. Bulkhead lifted up the bigger unconscious bot and Optimus called for the ground bridge.

And as Arcee said, Ratchet wasn't happy about Silence's Energon situation. „He is so stubborn not even Smokescreen is so stubborn!" he growled to himself when Bulkhead laid him again next to his younger brother who was still unconscious. „These two are worse than the twins," Arcee said. Bumblebee giggled. *Yeah, the trouble-making twins.* he said.

„How bad is Smokescreen, old friend?" Optimus asked Ratchet. Ratchet sighed and looked at the young rookie. „Only time will tell, I am afraid the hit got him hurt more than Megatron did. The strength he hit him with was incredible. The shot wound in his chest opened and grew bigger and deeper with the impact. I am afraid his spark was hit and I will have to do surgery on him." all Autobots were shocked by the news. Bumblebee looked at his unconscious friend his spark started to squeeze at the sight. *I...I have to go out.* he said and quickly left the room. Arcee wanted to follow him but Wheeljack stopped her. „He needs some time alone," he said.

„I have to prepare myself for the surgery," Ratchet said and left to the old surgery room a few corridors away from the bridge. Arcee followed him slowly to help if he needs to. Ratchet started to prepare everything he might need for surgery. „Ratchet, wanna help?" Arcee asked. „I can handle this. But I am sure I will need help when I start with surgery." the old medic replied. Arcee nodded. „Just say and I will be ready," she said.

When Ratchet found everything he needed and prepared the Energon plasmas he returned to the bridge. „This one is for Silence and the second one will be for Smokescreen when the surgery is done," he said and put the IV in Silence's left servo. „and this time no running away after he wakes up," Ratchet added. „We'll take care of it," Wheeljack said as he managed to repair himself. „Alright." Ratchet nodded and took Smokescreen still on his berth to the surgery room where was Arcee waiting for Ratchet's orders.

When Ratchet stabilized Smokescreen and started to monitor his spark beat he could start with the surgery. He carefully opened his chest plates and saw his injured spark. Its bright blue light was dimmed and its glass cover was cracked and from the little open crack was leaking Energon into his body. Ratchet had to repair it or Energon leaked inside of his body would kill Smokescreen painfully. And there was another peril of collapsing of his spark mechanism it would kill him instantly. „This will be harder than I thought." Ratchet sighed.