Chapter 8

„Finally you're here we have a mission," Bulkhead said when he saw all three of them enter the room. Bumblebee laid Raf on some pillows and blankets kids managed to pack before they left the base. „Where are we going?" Wheeljack asked. „I caught a strange signal from the forest so you're going to check it out," Ratchet replied. Wheeljack nodded. „Okay."

 „Silence and Smokescreen you both stay here," Optimus ordered and both named bots nodded. The others disappeared in the ground bridge Ratchet opened. „I guess we will stay here for a long time don't we, Ratchet?" Smokescreen asked the medic. „If you want to go to the battle weakened then be my guest but forget about any medical attention." the medic replied irritated. Smokescreen lifted up his servos in defeat. „I didn't say I would go, chill," he said. The silence was watching the signal Ratchet caught and where he sent the others it seemed so familiar to him. Maybe too familiar.

„Si?" Smokescreen called his brother when he was looking at the monitor for far too long time. Silence turned his head enough to see both Autobots behind him. „Is something wrong?" Ratchet asked. Silence shook his head and sat on his bunk. „No, I just remembered something," he replied simply. The old medic and young rookie just nodded they knew what he meant. They all were hurt to tell him lies but it was for his own safety. But they all knew they can't hold the truth away from him forever.

„Ratchet?" Jack asked causing Ratchet to jump a bit as he was rid of his thoughts. „Yes, Jack? I thought you are still asleep or what do you call it." Ratchet replied. „I can't sleep. Can I talk to you in private?" Jack asked and Ratchet nodded and let Jack jump on his shoulder plate and together they left the room. „Don't you dare to do anything stupid." Ratchet warned before he turn behind the corner. „No worries, Ratch," Smokescreen replied turning back to his brother.

„What you want to talk about, Jack?" Ratchet asked when he was sure the other two bots can't hear them. „Why are you guys acting so weird around Silence?" Jack asked. Ratchet was shocked by that question. „What do you mean?" he asked. „You are all like there is something else you know about but he doesn't," Jack explained. „Jack, there are things we have our reasons to not tell him. It's for his own good. Besides, I am sure he will soon find himself." Ratchet replied and Jack just nodded. „But don't you think he will be angry when he finds out you were hiding it from him?" he asked. „He probably will. But this is something serious and I am sure if he knew he would be spark broken and I can't see that anymore." the old medic replied and was about to leave when he heard something. „I am gonna rip them apart!" he yelled and rushed back to the bridge.

Silence remembered what that signal means and was in total shock. He had to go there even through Ratchet's ban. Smokescreen seemed to notice. „Si, no. You know what Ratchet told us," he said quietly. „Smokescreen you do not understand I finally remembered something. My amnesia is almost gone. I have to go there." Silence replied and reached the controls of the ground bridge. Smokescreen grabbed his shoulder plates. „Si, you can't go there. You are hurt and weakened. If there are some Decepticons you will be an easy target." he said. „But, Smokes. If I go there, I might remember everything that happened back there. Maybe I'll remember what happened to Supreme." Silence replied urgently. Smokescreen knew this would happen but he didn't expect it to happen so soon. Silence opened the bridge and ran in followed by Smokescreen.

Ratchet ran in time to see the ground bridge closing. He growled in frustration. „I shouldn't leave them alone." he thought to himself. Then he noticed the signal where they followed. It was the same one Arcee, Optimus, Bulkhead and Wheeljack followed. Silence went there because of it and Smokescreen because of Silence and that scared him.

„Optimus! Optimus! Can you hear me?! This is an emergency!" Ratchet yelled into his communicator waking both sleeping children in the process. „I hear you, Ratchet. What happened?" Optimus asked immiadetly back. „Smokescreen and Silence went to your position. I am afraid Silence knows that signal. It's him!" Ratchet explained almost in a panic. On the other side of the comlink, Optimus's optics widened. He knew ‚he' will kill Silence and Smokescreen if he find them but he didn't saw ‚him' or two of his teammates. If we see them we will take them immiadetly back, Ratchet," Optimus said and cut off the link.

Ratchet sighed and shook his helm he wanted so badly to hit something right now. „Ratchet? What is going on?" sleepy Raf asked rubbing his eyes. Ratchet now noticed he woke them both up. „Uhm...nothing you should worry about I am sorry for waking you up," he said trying to hide his concerns but failing badly. „Do not lie to us, Ratch," Miko warned before she yawned. Ratchet sighed. „Smokescreen went after Silence to a battlefield," he said. „Why would Silence go to a battlefield? He knows he is weakened." Raf replied. Rachet looked back at the monitor with the signal. „He remembered." was all he said. „He remembered what?" Miko asked and Ratchet turned to them. „His brother."

„Si? Si, where did you go?" Smokescreen asked as he couldn't find his brother in a dirty lake where the signal led them. Suddenly he hit something metal. He lit up his lights to see at least what he crushed into. It was like an old warship. „We found a lot of ships so why not another?" Smokescreen said sarcastically trying to find the entrance. „Smokes?!" he heard a call. „Si? Right here!" he called back and started to flicker with his lights hoping Silence would see it. A second later he saw Silence right in front of him with also lited up lights.

When they managed to get inside the ship Silence was holding the walls all the time like he was remembering something. Sometimes he stopped walking and looked at something that seemed to be familiar to him. „I remember this ship," he said suddenly. „sometimes Supreme took me here and we played together and when we got older he was flying this and I was his first commander," he added as more and more memories came back to his mind. Smokescreen was carefully listening to his words. He seemed to be happy by remembering more about his brother but Smokescreen was afraid he would remember more than he would want to.

„Smokescreen?" Silence rid the younger bot of his thoughts. „Yes, Si?" he replied. „You and the others know what happened to Supreme, don't you?" Smokescreen's spark squeezed tightly. „Wh...What?" Smokescreen asked shocked by the question. „You heard me." Silence replied seriously. Smokescreen knew there was no reason to hold it away anymore. Smokescreen hung down his helm in shame. „I hated to do that, Si. I always wanted to spare you that. I always hoped you won't remember," he started and took in a deep breath. „and yes. We all know about Supreme. We know what happened to him." Silence looked hurt. No, not hurt. Betrayed. He felt betrayed by his team, his friends and most importantly he was betrayed by his brother.