Chapter 20

When the night fell the Autobots and children returned to the fallen ship. Children and Bumblebee left to the children's room to watch what they didn't finish last night no one really cared what that was so no one asked. A while later they heard them laughing loudly. „If Ratchet was awake he would yell at them." Silence chuckled. Two Wreckers joined him while Arcee only shook her helm with a smile and Optimus kept his stern expression. 

Suddenly Ratchet came from his berth room rubbing tiredly his face plates. He seemed to be a little off he didn't talk and he was like humans would say drunk. He felt dizzy and the world was a blur. He almost fell to the ground but Optimus caught him before he hit it. „Ratchet, old friend what is wrong?" Optimus asked still holding the medic with one servo supporting his side and the medic's shoulder plate. Ratchet looked at him slowly with obviously dimmed and half-closed optics. Optimus' optics widened when he saw that. He didn't know what to do the only thing that came into his mind was hooking him to IV nothing else he could do now.

Prime carefully took Ratchet to the medical room and laid him on one of the berths and took the only IV he could find. While Ratchet passed out he hooked him also on the spark beat monitor just to be sure. All the Autobots were there. Everyone, except Bulkhead, had some medical experience. Especially Wheeljack.

Wheeljack and Silence, who also had the medical training before they joined the Wreckers, stood by the sides of Ratchet. Optimus stepped back to give them enough place to do what they can. He took the rest of the autobots outside to give two Wreckers more space. An hour later both of them sighed or rather growled in frustration. „What the hell happened to you, Doc?!" Wheeljack almost yelled while he rubbed his forehead plate. „I have never seen something like this in my whole life." Silence said.

Both of them were afraid of what they'd found. It was something that humans would call cysts and this one was extremely big. Both Wreckers were surprised how the Energon vein could resist so big pressure of the cyst. Cybertronian veins were not much bigger than classic rope and this cyst was almost as big as a football ball but there was not just one there were at least twenty of them all over medic's main spark Energon veins. „If we won't get all of them out of him soon he won't survive much longer." Silence said after a better look at the problem.

„I never had problems with surgery but this is Ratchet we are talking about!" Wheeljack shouted panicking slightly. „It would be like a normal surgery we just have to forget it's Ratchet under the scalpel." Silence said trying to calm Wheeljack down. „Okay, but we have to hurry. We don't know how long it bothered him and besides it had to be very painful." Wheeljack said after a while of tense silence. „Fine, I'll remove the ones closest to his spark and you will remove the less dangerous ones, alright?" Silence asked and Wheeljack just nodded.

„Fine, let's get this done." Silence said to himself to collect himself up to make the task at hand. He took, for a human massive, scalpel and carefully cut the first Energon vein and Wheeljack on the other side got the cyst out with a tool no human ever used it was special Cybetronian scissors specially made for this kind of cyst. When Silence stitched the vein again he smiled. „It's not that bad, our old Ratchet will be fine in no time," he said confidently and continued to other cysts. 

Silence hadn't noticed he and Wheeljack got them all out without any complications until they were done. Silence looked surprised and turned to Wheeljack. „See? You didn't have to hold the scalpel," he said and sighed. „Yeah, you did it perfectly and quickly. You're a lot better doc than I am, Si." the older Autobot replied smiling in relief. „I hate surgeries," he added. Silence nodded. „I know," he replied and closed Ratchet's chest plates.

„He needs rest now. He should be alright but I am afraid you know what those cysts mean." Silence said when he cleaned the tools he used. Wheeljack nodded. „Yeah, I know. But I also know the Doc here is a tough guy," he replied with a smirk at the end. Silence nodded and checked Ratchet's vitals for the last time. „Okay, he is fine. We should let him rest now I'll come to check on him every hour, just in case," he said when he was done leaving Wheeljack alone in the room. After a while white Autobot sighed and left as well.

When he returned to the bridge all Autobots' optics turned to him. „Doc is fine we removed from his chassis almost thirty cysts but he should be fine now. Where is Silence? I thought he returned here to tell you." Wheeljack said. „No, he didn't come here. And thank you both." Optimus replied with a soft smile. Wheeljack returned the smile and he left with Bulkhead to play some Wrecker's game.

„You should go to recharge Optimus you look tired," Arcee said to her leader. He turned into small but dangerous femme. „I am not the only one who looks tired," he replied when he saw her optics half closed. „I am not. I did nothing today. Since cons are quiet we do nothing." she replied blinking away the tiredness. „You are correct. I am afraid they are planning something sinister." the leader replied looking at the empty scanners. He knew there is always silence before the storm.

Silence sat by his brother's berth he didn't know what happened after he woke up from a coma but he realized it wasn't anything good. But now his little brother was in recharge he needed. Silence hoped he would be up soon again. He stood up to get a better look at Smokescreen's ripped chest plates. Humans would call it scars. Silence sighed sadly he let this happen to his brother. „You still owe me one race so don't you dare to leave me," he said. „I will maybe change my vehicle mode because of you. Just to beat you easily. But I know I am faster than you even without better mode." he smirked at the last sentence.

„In your dream." golden bot heard a raspy voice below him. He looked at his brother's face plates and smiled. „I knew it will wake you up," he said holding back his tears of joy. Smokescreen smiled softly. „Don't worry bro. I will always be the first one in the race," he said teasingly. Silence huffed. „After you recover we will talk about it but now you should rest." the older bot replied. Smokescreen smirked with half-closed optics. „Can I recharge when you talk here?" Silence chuckled. „See you tomorrow, Speedy." Silence said using Smokescreen's nickname from his sparkling hood. „See ya, Si." Smokescreen barely said before he fell into recharge. Silence smiled. „Maybe everything will be alright now," he said to himself and left to check on the kids and Bumblebee.

He was shocked when he saw all four of them watching some kid's cartoon. He entered the room. „What are you watching?" he asked making three kids and one scout jump a bit. „We're watching some cartoons. Wanna join?" Miko asked. Silence thought for a while but agreed. „Fine." he sat next to Bumblebee and watched with them.