Chapter 17

Silence watched Supreme fall on his back with a hole in the centre of his chassis. The blast shattered his spark into a million pieces. Energon spat from the wound. Silence vented heavily when he watched Supreme's optics going black and then they closed. The Decepticon was dead. Silence's older brother was dead. The traitor of Autobots was dead.

Silence fell to his knee plates when the pain hit him like a truck. He held his face plate with one servo in the place where he was shot and the second hand was supporting his body from collapsing on the ground. Energon leaked between his digits and rolled down along his servo and in small drips fell to the ground.

Before he let the darkness come in he saw three blurry figures rushing to his side. „Come on, dude. Stay with me!" he heard Wheeljack yell but he couldn't fight it anymore. His servo stopped supporting him and he fell to the ground.

Bulkhead and Wheeljack managed to carefully take Silence back to the base without any difficulties. Bumblebee rushed in front of them to tell other bots what had happened. Ratchet's optics widened when Bumblebee told them Silence lost his optic and he killed Supreme. Optimus felt bad. He was the leader and he did nothing to help him he was not there for him when he needed him.

When two Wreckers got Silence to the ship Ratchet immediately told them to move him to the room where Smokescreen was. Optimus and Arcee took Smokescreen away to his new room so Ratchet would have more space. Ratchet knew he couldn't save Silence's optic but he knew he can give him a new one and he knew where to take it. The surgery was fast and Ratchet was happy with the result. The last thing he did was give Silence an Energon plasma.

„How did it go, old friend?" Optimus asked when Ratchet left the room. „It went just fine. I don't know if that spare optic will work but it's all I can do about it without the right equipment." the medic explained. „You always do your best," Arcee said smiling at the medic. „I am trying," he replied and left to check on Smokescreen.

*How is Silence?* Bumblebee asked while he helped Ratchet check the rookie's vitals. Without looking at the scout Ratchet answered. „I did my best." Bumblebee nodded. *As always.* he said and smiled under his mask. „You can be kind but sometimes it's annoying, you know that?" the medic said. *It's talent.* Bumblebee smirked. He has always been the light of team Prime he always finds a way how to cheer up anyone who needs it even if he would never show most of his own feelings.

„Will Smokescreen ever wake up?" asked Raf who just entered the room with other children. They all were worried about him and now about Silence as well. Both Autobots looked at them and their expressions fell especially Ratchet's. „I can't tell, Raphael. His live vitals are getting better but I am afraid of his spark." he stopped. „But you said that surgery went well," Jack said. „Yeah, what's the big deal?" Miko joined. „We have a different physiology than you do. When the spark is damaged it will never fully heal the damage will always be there. And Autobot will stay permanently weakened." Ratchet explained and his own words scared him. He looked over to Bumblebee who knew without the medic's explanation. Scout's face plates were hidden in the shadow of shame and guilt he felt. 

 „He is just a kid," Jack said. „Yeah, in your opinion he is just a kid," Raf replied. „But how will he fight if he stays weakened?" Miko asked stopping the boys' talk. Ratchet and Bumblebee changed looks. „He won't be able to fight. Maybe a little but not much. His spark will hurt him every time he does something more than he should and if he overworks himself the damage on the spark can open and he will die." the medic explained. The children looked scared and looked at each other. „And Silence?" Raf asked. „Silence got a new optic and it should be alright but I am afraid of his mental state. Killing your own brother can't just pass you." Ratchet answered now a bit annoyed by the questions but he knew they were just worried. They all were.

A while later Optimus came with two Wreckers into the room. „We are going to find Supreme's body and we will make sure it's destroyed." the leader said and they left. Medic nodded and looked at the scout. „I hope neither of you got hurt back there," he growled. *No worries, Ratchet. We all know we can't interrupt Silence when he fights.* Bumblebee replied. Ratchet nodded and returned to Smokescreen carefully checking his spark and sighed. „It's not your fault, Bumblebee," he said not looking at the scout. Bumblebee shook his helm. *If I wasn't so weak at the Nemesis none of this would've happened.* he said. „Everything that's happening is happening for a reason, Bumblebee and we can't do anything about it. You couldn't know." the medic said seriously giving Bumblebee a look that said. ‚Don't you dare to argue.'

Bumblebee got tired of everything he felt annoyed by everything. He felt he needed a very long and good recharge but then the feeling would return. „Go recharge Bumblebee you need it." Ratchet said. *Not more than you do.* Bumblebee replied. „You are still a kid and you need a lot of recharge so go to recharge before I make you." the medic growled. Bumblebee just nodded and left he knew he can't win this fight.

„We know you are worried, Ratchet," Jack said when the yellow bot left. „Yeah, yeah." Ratchet sighed and returned to his patient. Children watched from below as Ratchet worked focusing entirely on his patient. „How long it'll take until he wakes up?" Miko asked worried for the rookie. Ratchet sighed but it sounded more like a growl. „We can't do anything for him now. He will wake up when he is ready." the medic explained still not looking away from the young Autobot. „Well, takes him really long," Miko said. Ratchet growled but said nothing.

Young Autobot heard some noise, it was like someone talking underwater. It irritated him he couldn't hear properly he felt himself waking up and he slowly opened his optics. He saw everything in a blur but his vision slowly got clear. He saw a bright light and closed his optics again and frowned a bit. He wanted to sit up but he felt too weak to do it. Suddenly the voices stopped and his surroundings became quiet. He turned his helm to the left and slowly opened his optics again. They were orange and white but he couldn't make out more.

His vision finally started to become clear again and he saw his friend standing next to him he smiled a bit as his optics started to fall again he felt so tired but he didn't want to close his optics he was afraid he won't open them anymore. He felt as if all of his remaining strength leaving him. Soon the tiredness took over him and his helm fell on berth with his optics still opened. Even when they were open he couldn't see anything just darkness. Then he heard another voice but again he couldn't understand.