Chapter 22

A few days passed since Silence's nightmare and everything seemed to return to normal. Ratchet stood all day by the scanners with Optimus helping him whenever he needed. Bulkhead and Wheeljack were playing some Wrecker games. Bumblebee was watching kids as they played some video games and Silence was with Smokescreen and Arcee making sure his brother was alright. The silence was still a bit afraid of Decepticon's attack on his family but now he knew they were back to their old strength. Well, except for Smokescreen but that doesn't mean he forgot how to defend himself.

Silence decided it would be good for Smokescreen if he go out to get some fresh air. He helped his brother stand since he was still almost half in a coma he couldn't move with his left servo and with his right ankle. When they got out of the base Silence sat his brother on fresh grass in the warm sun. Smokescreen closed his optics and vented deeply and opened optics slowly again looking at the forest in front of him. He smiled and hugged his brother. Silence was a bit shocked by the hug but he returned it kindly. „I missed you," Smokescreen said out of nowhere. Silence looked at him and laid his chin on the younger bot's helm. Arcee watched them silently and smiled for herself. She remembered the similar times she had with her friends when she was younger.

She got lost in her thoughts but the slight hiss in pain made her helm jerk up towards two mechs. She saw Smokescreen holding his chest plates with both of his servos and with forcefully closed optics. Silence ran to the ship to get him some special painkillers Ratchet made. Arcee put her servo on rookie's and he opened slightly one of his optics and looked at her with nothing but pain written all over his face plates. 

Silence soon came back with a small needle filled with yellow liquid inside and injected into Smokescreen's shoulder plate. A second later Smokescreen loosen his grip on his chest plates and vented heavily. „Thank you..." he said tiredly. „You'll have to take this every day or your spark will hurt. A lot." Silence replied and Smokescreen nodded. „You will be alright." golden Autobot added and sat back down next to his brother. „But I won't be able to fight anymore, will I?" Smokescreen asked. Silence and Arcee changed looks. „Maybe some easier missions but you are right." Silence replied. Younger mech nodded but kept quiet.

„I think everything will be better now, guys," Arcee said smiling at two mechs. „Indeed Arcee. Decepticons lost their spy," Silence growled at that. „and they were quite recently. So yes, I think everything is going to be alright now." Silence said smiling warmly at his friend and brother.

„Silence! You owe me the race!" yelled Bumblebee from the door frame of the base. Silence turned to him. „Oh, are you sure you can beat me, Bee boy?" Silence teased. "Are you sure you can beat me?" Bumblebee smirked. Silence stood up. „Two rounds around the fields and forest. Arcee, will you do us a referee?" Silence asked and said femme nodded. „Be ready to lose, Si," Bumblebee smirked. „Oh, really?" Silence replied with an evil look on his face plates.

„Okay, guys!" Smokescreen called from his place and two Autobots prepared themselves for the race and they transformed into their vehicles. Arcee stood in front of them. „Two rounds around forest and fields. Fair play," she said. „Ready!" she started. „Steady!" two engines roared with the power of a Predacon. „GO!"  

The end