12 | honeymoon daze

IN LORENZO'S HUMBLE opinion, Christmas with Ryan and Amalia was a success

IN LORENZO'S HUMBLE opinion, Christmas with Ryan and Amalia was a success. He didn't want to brag or anything but both of his guests loved his food and the gifts he had gotten them which was more than enough for him. Ryan had squealed like a four-year-old girl when he laid eyes on the graphic T-shirt, he had gotten him and Lorenzo had even shed a (fake) tear when he saw the box of condoms, he had gotten from him in return.

It's for you and Gia, he said.

A late Christmas gift, he winked.

Lorenzo almost threw the gift he had gotten him at his face but contained himself for Amalia's sake – how that woman was still with him was beyond him.

Though he had appreciated her presents which were a pair of fuzzy socks she had gotten everyone to match and a cute blanket with his name on it she had knitted herself.

And then there was Gia.

She had left really early in the morning in order to fetch her family from the airport, escaping from his tight grip without him even realising it. But he hadn't minded because he knew she would return. After all, she had just become his girlfriend.

That, without a doubt, had been his favourite moment of last night. A giggled 'yes' had escaped her chapped from the cold lips, her somehow still cold nose tracing his scorching neck making him shiver as she hugged him tightly. She had spent the rest of the night like that, in his arms with a thick blanket around them and their friends' eyes on them while they put on another movie.

They had even slept like that. Ryan and Amalia had taken Lorenzo's bed – after his request – and they had slept on his couch, their limbs tangled as Gia murmured incoherent things in her sleep and he traced soft and messy shapes on her back to soothe her.

He would be lying if he said he didn't like the feeling of her in his arms. It was like she completed him in a very weird yet amazing way. It was like in the midst of all his chaos, he had found a solstice and he wasn't going to give it up anytime soon.

Especially when he had just found it.

The next time he had seen her was when they had agreed to meet up – after Gia's request – to exchange gifts. He hadn't been as eager to see what she had gotten him as he was to see her. He had no idea how but after spending four days without her, he missed her. He didn't have work either which meant that he spent his days mostly catching up on TV shows and hanging out with Ryan – sometimes with Amalia too.

She had been waiting for him outside of his door since he hadn't spent the night at his place after his male best friend's request to have a 'manly sleep-over' which for Ryan meant doing the exact opposite of what girls in movies did in theirs. They talked about football – the European kind – and all types of sports, eating tons of greasy food while playing their own version of beer pong with extremely cheap and awful beer.