20 | one (un)lucky man

HERE'S THE THING; Lorenzo would be lying if he said that everything was all sunshine and rainbows when he actually woke up

HERE'S THE THING; Lorenzo would be lying if he said that everything was all sunshine and rainbows when he actually woke up. Unlike what he had experienced his dream, reality sucked.

The sun was too bright – that was the first thing he noticed when he opened his eyes. It blinded him, it even hurt him while they were closed, it was that annoying. Then, there was that annoying beeping sound that irritated his ears. It beeped nonstop and all he wanted to do was hit it with a baseball bat. It only got more frequent when Lorenzo got angrier and more anxious about opening his eyes again.

And that's when it hit him; all the pain, the stiffness of his limbs, his sore throat. For one second, he forgot how to breathe as the pain consumed him and the annoying sound grew even quicker. Some more noise reached his ears, like some people trying to speak to him and then, his left eye was forced open and the sudden light burned him, making him screw it shut again.

A wince escaped his lips as his hands moved upwards towards his face to touch his nose, something was itching him there. And when his fingers made contact with a plastic tube, he grew even more scared. He opened his eyes; his body shooting forwards as he grabbed the plastic and started tugging it. He then noticed the needle in his palm, a strangled noise escaping his chapped lips as he moved to pull it out too.

Suddenly, hands were grabbing him, pushing him back on the bed and keeping his arms on his side. He tried to break free, a sudden ringing hurting his ears even more and for a second, everything stilled. There was a pinch on his right arm and then, nothing.

The second time Lorenzo woke up, he swore he could feel someone's lips on his forehead. His throat hurt even more and then, he started coughing to make that lump in his throat disappear. He opened his eyes, looking at his hands almost immediately to see the needle still there but this time he didn't move to pull it out.

Now that he could think more clearly, he understood more about his surroundings. He was in a hospital so he didn't have to worry about his safety. He slowly but surely started remembering all about why he was in a hospital in the first place. He groaned as flashes of memory made his heart skip a few beats.

Before however, he could start panicking, someone grabbed his hand and his eyes immediately snapped over there, slightly panicked but when he saw and recognised those gorgeous brown eyes, he relaxed.

"Adam?" she whimpered; a shaky pout evident on her plump lips. Her eyes were watery and red, telling that she had been crying and he couldn't help but move his free hand to catch a stray tear that started falling down her rosy cheek.

He cupped it, sending a small smile her way before he spoke. His voice was raspy, his throat felt even sorer with each word. "Gia? Why are you crying, baby?"

A sudden and strangled laugh escaped her and she started shaking her head as if she couldn't believe what he had just asked. Lorenzo felt weird watching her cry, he didn't like it. Not one bit. "Are you serious? You're in a hospital due to smoke inhalation! I have every right to cry!" His stomach churned by the thought of his girl being sad because of him.