19 | too good to be true

A DULL HEADACHE on the back part of his head was what had woken him up

A DULL HEADACHE on the back part of his head was what had woken him up. Even though he didn't want to, he opened his eyes, only to shut them again after almost getting blinded by the bright rays of the sun that had made their way into his bedroom.

Unsure of what to do next, he opened his eyes again, very slowly this time to avoid the world becoming blurry and very bright again. A sound on the right side of his bed – the sound of his sheets being ruffled – had him turning his face over there almost immediately. And the side that greeted him was enough to have a smile lit up his face.

He scratched his left cheek, the light stubble that he had grown being a little rough on his fingers but he quite liked it. He knew he wasn't going to leave a whole beard or anything but he liked having a stubble, it made him look more mature.

The girl standing on his right, shifted again, the sheet falling just under his armpits, her chest peeking from underneath and his cheeks felt warm when he noticed that she wasn't wearing a shirt. Damn, I'm so lucky, he thought as he moved closer to her to spoon with her.

Gia mumbled nonsense in her sleep which made a soft throaty chuckle escape his lips which he was quick to brush against her soft shoulder and cheek. His actions caused her to stir a little bit before she fell asleep again. The sight of her naked, next to him on his bed was the best thing to ever wake up to. She looked at peace and he felt at peace, this was the best thing that ever happened to him.

He kissed her shoulder some more, careful not to wake her up before he moved out of the bed and into his shower to freshen up. He showered slowly, loving the serenity the warm water gave him. At first, he didn't want to shower but now, he didn't want to leave. The hot water relaxed his aching muscles and a sigh escaped his lips as he felt small arms wrap themselves around his waist, her head leaning against his back, between his shoulder blades.

He felt her hands tracing his abdominal muscles, her fingers touching every ripple, every hard part and the small scar on his left hip from when he had been hit by a bullet when he first joined the mafia. He felt her hands going lower, her fingers teasing him but before she could reach her destination, he grabbed her wrist and turned around to face her.

He could feel himself harden a little bit by their close proximity but he didn't care. He loved showing her how she made him feel and he knew how much she enjoyed that too. A small smirk was apparent on her face and he felt one making its way on his own as he brought her even closer, her body being pressed tightly against his own.

"Did I wake you?" he mumbled; his face being hidden inside the crook of her neck. His lips traced the spot that had her knees weaken and he smirked against it when a gasp escaped her.

I love you, a voice whispered. He smiled at Gia, thinking she said that.

Her fingers made their way over to his short hair that was long enough for her to run them through it. She gripped some of it when he placed open-mouthed kisses on that spot again, sighs and moans of pleasure making their way past her mouth as she leaned even more against him. "Yes..." she moaned, "The bed – the bed was cold without you in it,"