Chapter 19: My Little Jenna

*Calvin POV*

How I even fought every urge to hold her tight and tell her I love her...I don't know.
How I even managed to say those words I swore I'd never say...I don't know.
It took every single piece of me to not fall apart...as I watched myself break Jenna's heart.
I didn't even know what my plan was, but I knew I had to keep my sister and Jenna safe...even if I had to give my life.
Life was officially putting my love for Jenna and Ava to the test, along with my intelligence. If I had to break Jenna's heart to keep her from being hurt again... I would do it in a heart beat. So I did. 
I broke her heart.

I kept my expression cold and emotion-less, fighting the lump in my throat and stared down at her wide eyes. That red haired bitch in her fake nurse uniform walked casually upstairs.
I felt Jenna tremble against my chest and I watched the colour drain from her beautiful face. She really was breaking my heart...
"No" she whispered, "NO! You're lying!" She screamed and fell to her knees gripping her stomach and I flinched before fighting the urge to help her up. My body resumed to its steel like form and I stared ahead, refusing to look at her like that... I couldn't. Every painful sob chipped a part of my sole away, I didn't know how much longer I could take. I could hardly breathe.
I felt a certain someone's breath tickle my neck, "good boy" he whispered, "do you have anything you'd like me to add?"
"No, I've said everything I want to say"
I could hear the smile in his voice, "good"
I thought back to our quick conversation upstairs.

•flashback to before Jenna came in•

Ava still lay on the floor just centimetres away from me... but my hands were tied, literally.
Ethan opened the door eerily and quietly, then proceeded to tiptoe towards me. He grabbed my shoulders, "Calvin, You've made your choice. I'm very impressed with your devotion towards your sister. Now it's time to really chose...AGAIN. I know, I know I just made you chose.
Jenna is on her way back to me, in fact she is just outside.... you chose her and I'll have your sister beaten to death.
You tell Jenna she means nothing to you and let me come and support her, then your sister lives unharmed"
I scoffed, "you're bluffing. Jenna's in hospital and you've already done your damage to my sister so honestly just fuck off and leave Ava out of it"
"I'm bluffing?" He smiled, "it's up to you if you wanna find out. Chop chop! And remember to really SELL it!" He giggled and began to untie me. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this piece of shit.
"And if you lay a hand on me, I forgot to mention I've sent a little someone over to your Mothers house. Let me just say, she is a remarkable women, she could pass as your sister! Now less talking and more planning. Come with me!"

•end of flashback•

"Now!" Ethan clapped his hands in my ear and strolled towards Jenna, he looked at her with almost sincere eyes, "I've missed you so much... this was the only way that I could get to you baby..." he crouched down and put his filthy hands on her face. I held back my growl.
Weapon...
I needed some sort of weapon. My eyes scanned the room desperately. Nothing, empty.
"Now" he whispered and touched her all over as if I wasn't even there. She kept her eyes on me, her lip quivering and her wide, blood shot eyes filled with confusion.
"Daddy..." she whispered with a painful face, "please, help me"
He grabbed her aggressively, making her hair fly towards her face. Like an electric shock my body jerked forward.
Within a click of a finger, his knife was out of his jacket pocket and up against Jenna's throat. My tears poured.
"No, God please" I immediately got on my knees and begged. The tears fell, "please don't. Please, please don't hurt her-"
He pounced on top of me like a wild cat and suddenly we were on the floor.
"You ruined the fucking plan!" The sound of his knife falling to the ground, ringing through my ears.

*Ava POV*

"You may be the bad guy" I grunted out as a sexy red head sat on my back, "but not gonna lie here, you're fucking hot. Do you work out? You're light as a feather."
"Shut up" she hissed.
After a few moment of silence she sighed, "I don't want this you know. This is wrong"
What the fuck? What was this girl playing at?
"Then why are you doing this?" I laughed.
"May as well tell someone." I could hear the regret and shame in her voice, "Ethan is the only one who understands... my lifestyle. The things I need so badly to stay alive, that only he can provide for me"
I automatically started assuming the absolute worst. Curiosity struck me.
"Once me and Ethan are done her, our plan was to kill you and your brother...and eat you"
"HAHAHAHAHHA" I burst out laughing making her bob up and down.
"I'm a cannibal."
Wait what? That girl was serious? Nah. She couldn't be. I continued to laugh hysterically. She covered her face and cried into her hands, "I don't want to hurt people anymore. Save yourself"
I heard the sound of something clicking "no girl wait a -" a second later a loud bang ripped through the air and warm liquid splashed onto my face.
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

*Calvin/Daddy POV*

A loud bang ripped through the air upstairs and the tension from my body left as I watched Ava, safe, running down stairs. She held Jenna behind her and watched with cautious eyes. I took one blow to the face after another. I smiled at his vicious face, looking him in his beady black eyes. And from the corner of my eyes...what I saw made my entire body fill with joy and forget about every punch and kick I was taking. My darling big sister, dragging my little girl and the love of my life to safety... out side the house.
"We won, baby" my inner voice said calmly, "I just wish I had more time with you"
Thick liquid made it's way up my throat and I closed my eyes.
Like a soundless movie in my head, all of our memories played through. Images of the first day I met her, videos of her blushing and looking at me so sweetly. Her beautiful back hair swished in the wind, her big blue eyes blinked slowly. The reason I loved her eyes so much was because, behind them revealed a beautiful and nurturing soul.
And then there's little Jenna.....my chest ached and my stomach dropped.
My little Jenna...
The movie fast forward now, the images going by faster and faster. Pictures of her twirling in her princess costumes, kicking my hands away on the changing table, scrunching her face at every plate of dinner she hated. I recalled my most precious memory of her.
When during the night, I would feel tiny arms wrap around my head and squeeze... and she REALLY squeezed as if she was never going to let me go.
But now she had to.
I love you Jen-

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DADDY!"