Chapter 21: I love you

*Calvin POV*

I let out a peaceful sigh, as sunlight hit my face gently through white, angelic curtains. I lightly tickled my stomach with one finger, looking around the four yellow walls, each or them covered in pictures. I loved every inch of that Hawaiian suite but next to me lay something far more precious... my hero and my little girl, Jenna.
I smiled slightly, my face still tender from the beating I took, at her squished rosey cheeks and scrunched up nose. Fast asleep... or so I thought.
"Daddy..." she mumbled.
"Hey that's a sneak attack. Were you tryna pretend to me that you were sleeping?"
She started to giggle, the over sized sleeves of my hoodie flopping onto her face, "no daddy"
"I think you did, because you knew I would sit here and look at how cute you are, wouldn't you?"
She flailed about dramatically on the bed like a fish out of water, blushing. We were both laughing until suddenly my throat grew hot. I started to cough.
"No! Daddy, I'm sorry" she jumped up and kissed me on the forehead, "is you ok?" 
She had to be the sweetest girl I'd ever known, "I'm okay honey, daddy's just gonna be out of shape for a bit"

After spending the morning making pancakes, and Jenna breaking her back to help me, I stared at her and started to think. Why was she, why were WE acting like nothing happened?
I was worried about her...
You don't just brutally murder your ex boyfriend then make pancakes a week later in your new home, dancing about happy as Larry.
But I can understand how processing something so drastic would be weird...
Here's what happened.

I woke up in hospital with Jenna, Ava and two police men in my wing.
It turns out Ava had told them everything.
Now here's the suspicious part.
"Apparently" when the police showed up to his house, there was just blood and an empty house owned by no-one.
The bodies were gone.
The weapons and ropes I was tied in...were gone.
And the video proof of Jenna being...graphically abused....gone.
None of it made sense to me and Jenna...my little Jenna. I doubted if she even remembered what happened, she sure acted like she didn't.
While speaking to the Police Officers, they advised me to take it easy with Jenna because they could tell she had PTSD, and for her to take it easy with me because of my new trauma and injuries "Look after each other" is all they said after that.
Anyway when we got home we immediately decided to move house, just to be on the safe side, somewhere small and sunny where you can smell the salt from the ocean. It was perfect where we were, and I was with the perfect little girl.

"Daddy, guess what!" She stomped up to me, her chin just above my belly button. She wore an evil smile.
"What baby? Go on" I smirked.
"If I be a bad girl, you can't spank me 'cos you not well"
I held in a chuckle, "You wanna bet, baby?" I challenged.
She ran around screaming with evil laughter, "you can't spank me, you can't spank me, you can't spank me" she sang while smacking her bare feet on the kitchen tiles. Oh Jenna... she was so innocent.
I didn't think I could fall more in love with her but each day proved me wrong. She was so special, my throat started to grow sore again, my eyes welling with tears. Even with a busted up eye and arm, I couldn't have been happier.
I crouched down to the floor, "Jenna, stop baby"
"No!" She screamed, lifting up her dress and bending over, exposing her bare butt and wiggling it, "nah-nah-nah-NAH-nah"
"Baby come here please, daddy needs a cuddle" I sat on the floor and beckoned my finger.
"Mkay daddy!" She practically body slammed me, her arms squeezing my neck and back. It hurt...but I didn't care, in fact, I didn't make a sound. We were still together and that's all that mattered. I wrapped my strong arms around her and softly cried into her beautiful hair, overwhelmed with gratefulness to have her. It was a privilege.
"I love you darling, so much" I whispered.
"I love you, daddy"

••••••••••••••••••••END••••••••••••••••••••