Chapter 27

THREE DAYS LATER

These past three days have been hard. I've had to step up even more to try to train everyone. Even people who didn't want to fight joined in to learn.

We all moved to Melbourne as it's closer to the Tower. We are gearing up to fight. We have finished our plan, and I trust all of our people. I believe we have a chance of winning. After seeing everyone practice, I know that we are all ready. I have even more confidence.

We are all going to take the horses and wagons to the Tower. From then we will set up a fire using tree logs. We will use the fire as a distraction to lure them out. Once they are out we attack them by surprise.

I watched on as everyone packed their bags with supplies. I saw all the people who were going to fight hugging their friends and family. I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I saw Andrew. I saw him holding a long steel sword.

"I made this for you while I was at Port Adelaide. I was going to give it to you before but you've been busy most of the time. It's sharpened and ready for you" Andrew said.

I slowly took the sword and I held it in my hands. I looked at it closely, I could see the shine. I held it by the grip and I swished it around a bit.

"Thank you, this is great" I said hugging Andrew.

"Woah, watch out. That things sharp" Andrew said laughing.

"Oh yeah sorry" I said pulling away.

"I made this holster for the sword as well. You're gonna need it" Andrew said handing me the holster.

I strapped the holster onto my side and I put my new sword into it. I looked at Andrew and I smiled.

"Come on. Let's help set up the wagons" Andrew said as we both walked out together.

I helped to pack crates of food and arrows into the wagons. It's a tedious job. We need as much supplies as we can get if we want to have the upper hand. I put the last crate onto the wagon and I saw everyone crowd around the wagons. All the fighters said their final goodbyes and got into the wagons.

I climbed into the front wagon with Prince, Georgia and Lauren. Andrew got into a wagon with his people and Gabriella got into a wagon with her people. As Stella didn't want to fight and they needed a leader.

We started to move out once everyone was ready. Everyone who didn't want to fight waved to us as we rode past. I looked back at the Melbourne community as we left. I never liked Melbourne. The place is too big and there's too many people. It's two of the reasons why I decided to rebuild Underdale.

I looked behind us and I saw all the right wagons behind me full of people. There was also a few people walking beside the wagons. There's a lot of us.

Once we arrive at the Tower we will stop a kilometre away from it. A small group of people will take the tree logs and create a large controlled fire. The fire will distract people from the Tower to come out and investigate the fire. Once they come out we can get them by surprise giving us the upper hand. We will then slowly make our way into the Tower, and take them out one by one.

For this plan to work we are all gonna have to do our jobs the right way. If the distraction fails we won't have the upper hand anymore.

"Are you nervous?" Prince asked who was sitting next to me.

"Of course I am. I'm not ready to die. But I don't want to show my fears. What about you?" I asked.

"I am as well. I don't think I'm ready to die either. I would like to see everyone grow old together. I would like to see families grow. I want to see the future. So no, I'm not ready to die" Prince said.