Chapter 31

SAMANTHA
THIRTY TWO YEARS LATER

'Ding!... Ding!... Ding!...'

My alarm went off. I slowly rolled over onto my side and stopped the alarm. I let out a long yawn as I dangled my legs off the side of the bed. I looked next to me. I saw Prince with the blanket all the way over his head. He was still passed out. I leaned over and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

I looked over at the clock. It's 6:30 in the morning. The time I wake up to get to work. I stretched out as I slowly got up onto my two feet and grabbed my shirt which was hanging on top of my cupboard which Andrew handcrafted for me. I got dressed and I walked out of my room.

I walked over to the kitchen. I saw my youngest daughter Megan sitting in the kitchen enjoying a bowl of crunchy nut for breakfast. I was very surprised she was awake at this time of day.

"Megan? You're awake? Why are you awake so early?" I asked.

"I had a nightmare and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I just got up to get some breakfast" Megan said trying to stay awake.

"If you're having nightmares you should come and get me" I said.

"But I'm strong. I don't get scared. I'm like grandpa" Megan said.

"You are exactly like grandpa. Alright. I may as well wake up Hunter, or else she will never get up" I said.

I walked through the kitchen and out through the long corridor. I got up to Hunter's room. She had a large sign on her door with her name on it. I slowly turned the door knob and I peaked in. I turned the light on and I saw Hunter was fast asleep.

"Hunter. Time to wake up honey. Sorry it's a bit early but I didn't want Megan to be lonely. Could you please look after her?" I asked.

"Yes" Hunter grunted.

"Hunter?" I said angrily.

"What?" Hunter sighed.

"Just do as I asked. Be ready for when I get back so we can all go to the fireworks together" I said.

"Mum! I told you that I'm going with friends, remember?" Hunter said angrily.

"Fine. But I would love to watch the fireworks with you. Your grandpa will be there too, so please come and find me when you get there" I said.

I stepped out of the room and I walked back towards the kitchen. I looked up at the clock in the kitchen. It's 7:00 already. I have to leave in couple minutes. I quickly packed my lunch and put it into a small bag. I walked to Megan and I gave her a big hug. I kissed the top of her head.

"I'll be back at around six to pick you up for the fireworks. Love you honey" I said.

"Love you too Mum, good luck with your reading" Megan said hugging me back.

"Thank you honey" I said patting Megan on her head.

I walked out the front door With my lunch and I headed towards the tram stop, which was only one block down the road. I looked up at the blue sky. The sun was out and it was shinning bright today. I walked down the sidewalk and saw a couple pushing a pram on the other side of the road. I waved to them. They waved back to me and smiled. They were a young couple.