Chapter 1

Blake was reaching the intersection, when something caught his eye, distracted...he did not see the vehicle before him brake, slamming into the rear-end with a bit of force. The crunch of metal on metal, a sickening sound, "Shit..." He muttered out loud, bracing himself.

Emma was coming back from the little café across from the hospital, when she noticed a commotion at the intersection. Curious she moved closer towards the crowd, trying to see what had happened. Unable to see much, she noticed a gap near a tall man, moving closer to him, standing next to him, she looked in the direction that everyone was looking, wincing slightly at the sight, "That looks bad, I hope everyone is okay." She spoke quietly, staring ahead at the scene before her.

Blake heard the quiet comment, looking ahead, "Yeah...not too bad." Tightening his hand around the leash he had on his dog, Rex. Frustrated at the inconvenience, in all of his twenty years of driving, this was the first time that he was at fault and all because of a damn woman...

"And are the people okay?" Emma asked.

"Yes..." Blake replied, not really in the mood to elaborate.

"Well, that is good then. If someone is ever in this predicament, I guess it happening near a hospital, is actually good, you will get instant response...not that I wish it happens to anyone." Shrugging slightly, trying not to offend, "But, it makes a person wonder, what might have caused it. Do you know?" Looking sideways at the man beside her, noting he was quite tall and muscular.

Sighing in frustration, running a hand through his hair, "It was a damn woman who caused this!" He muttered, still staring at the activity happening before him. He was ordered to stand on the sidelines, because Rex was nervous around so many people. He was grateful that his dog was okay and hadn't suffered any injuries. But the situation of not doing anything was becoming a nuisance to him and talking to a inquisitive bystander was not on top of his to-do list.

Feeling something cold and wet on her hand, Emma slightly jumped in fright, looking down she noticed only then a large dog, sitting quietly by the man's legs. Reaching out cautiously, she let the dog sniff her hand, smiling when he licked it and moved his head forward, so that her hand was on his head, where she began to scratch behind his ear. Which he obviously seemed to be enjoying, as his tail began to wag at a fast pace, his head moving more sideways, so that she could better reach behind his ear.

"And why do you say it was a woman's fault?" She asked quietly, still keeping her hand on the dog, "Where you there when it happened?"

"Listen lady...no offence towards the female population. I know, because I am one of the drivers involved and I definitely know who caused the accident." Blake spoke, trying to keep calm, "And if I find the woman involved...she is going to pay for the damages."

"I'm sorry..." Knowing that she had hit a sore point with this man, "I'm happy that you are okay and I hope for your sake, that you are able to find the person at fault."

Hearing the sincerity in the woman's voice and because he was raised to be a gentleman, he turned towards the woman, ready to be polite, only to stop short..."You!" He growled out, looking at the woman next to him.

"Me?" Emma asked, confused, looking around her, wondering why the man was glaring at her.

"Yes...You. You caused this..." Blake shouted, waving his arm around, pointing first at her and then at the vehicles before them, "You caused this accident."

Taking a step back, placing her hands on her hip, Emma looked at the angry man and the vehicles, "Whoa there buddy...I did not cause this. I wasn't anywhere near to this when it happened. So how can it be my fault?"