Chapter 6

Rex was really getting frustrated, they had been walking for awhile, barely any people around, just a few stragglers and the two humans with him, were like ships sailing past each other in the night, and neither were talking, choosing to walk beside each other in complete silence. He really need to up his game, if he wanted his human to find a partner.

Over the years, he had chased away many women, hating their scent around his territory. But he knew that his human was lonely, so he made his mission to find a likely candidate. Luckily he found this Emma person, her scent wasn't as toxic as the others. She also left off good vibes, he knew she was the right match for his human.

And by his human's reaction, Rex knew that he was interested, even though he was too stubborn to admit it. Actually, they both were stubborn, he needed to figure a way to get them closer...

Finally coming up with a great plan.

Blake was walking next to Emma, pondering how to breach the silence, when he noticed what Rex was doing. Smirking slightly, bracing himself for the impact, he just hoped that his body could handle it, he wasn't exactly getting younger.

Feeling a tug around her leg, Emma was brought out of her deep thoughts, almost forgetting the large presence beside her or the leash she was holding onto. Looking down at the source at her leg, she barely had time to utter a, "What the hell..." Before a yank, made her tumble, propelling her against Blake, before they both fell down.

Even though Blake had prepared himself for the fall beforehand, the impact hitting the sand still took the breath out him. Closing his eyes and wincing slightly, he remained still, taking a few moments for his body to stop hurting.

It took a moment for Emma to come out of her state of shock, realizing what had happened, grateful that Blake had caught her, otherwise she would be sporting scrapes and bruises. Becoming worried when Blake lay still beneath her, running her hands across his chest, "Blake...talk to me. Are you alright?" Her hands moving towards the back of his head, trying to feel if he had a bump or worse.

If this was heaven, then Blake didn't want to wake up, having Emma on top of him and her hands all over, was pure bliss.

"Blake..." A teary voice spoke, making him realize he had better react, he didn't like hearing the sadness or fear in Emma's voice.

Emma sighed in relief, when Blake opened his eyes, "Hey...are you okay?"

"Yeah...just give me a moment." He responded, encircling his arms around her waist, smiling mischievously, 'You know darling...if you wanted me to fall hard for you, you didn't need to go to such extremes and if I'm not mistaken this is the second time you have done this."

"What..." Emma exclaimed, her concern turning into rage, pounding his chest, trying to get up, "Let go of me you big oaf." She growled out.

"No can do..." He replied, still grinning, lifting his head and kissing her. Taking the opportunity at her momentary daze, to roll them over, pining her beneath him, his hands encircling her wrists, moving her hands above her head, holding her small wrists with one hand, while with his other hand he placed beside her head, keeping his weight slightly off her, not wanting to crush her.

Smiling when she glared at him mutinously, "Please...let's call a truce." He urged, "I don't want to fight with you."

She stared silently at Blake, this guy was going to be the death of her, having him so close, was scrambling her mind, "Fine..." She huffed out in defeat, "But for the record, those two falls weren't my fault."

"Okay...I believe you. Besides I was only trying to lighten the mood then." Blake declared, glad she wasn't fighting him, "Promise me you won't claw my eyes out, if I release you."

Satisfied, when she finally relented and nodded, releasing her wrists slowly.

Only to be taken by surprise, when she quickly grabbed his face, bringing him down and kissing him passionately.

"Now we are even..." She muttered out breathlessly.