Chapter 2

Emma was getting angry, this man before her was accusing her of something she hadn't done. Who did he think he was to accuse her, "Did you get a screw loose, when you hit that car or what?" She muttered out loudly towards the man, glaring at him.

Blake could not believe it, the woman who had distracted him, was standing before him. Mind you, up close she was a stunner, with her long wavy red hair, petite form, and luscious curves. Though currently her green eyes were staring daggers at him and if it was possible he would be six feet under with that one glare...

"If you hadn't crossed the road, this wouldn't have happened." Blake stated firmly, crossing his arms, looking down at her.

"If I hadn't crossed the road...?" Emma repeated, confused as to how that was her fault.

"Yeah...I saw you and didn't notice the guy before me braking." He stubbornly stated.

"Yep...definitely a screw loose." She muttered quietly to herself, "Listen here buster, in no way is that my fault."

Choosing to ignore her, "You are coming with me. Then the police will take a statement. Proving I'm not entirely at fault here..." Blake moved forward to grab her arm, only to be sideswiped by a blow, landing him on his back in an instant.

"Shit..." Was all he could say, before a weight was on his chest, keeping him down.

Emma had reacted instinctively, choosing to take the man by surprise, taking him down in an instant, thanking her self-defense teacher for teaching her that move, "I repeat...I am not at fault and if you ever try to manhandle me again, let's say it won't be as pretty or less painful."

Blake glared at the feisty woman, she might be small in stature, but she sure could knock a grown man down.

"Ma'am...is there a problem here?" A officer asked, coming towards them, only to stop in his tracks when the dog growled at him.

Emma looked up, smiling sweetly at the officer, "No there is no problem here officer, and everything is under control." Looking back at the man beneath her, her eyebrow arching, "Isn't that true...?"

Blake was stunned, not only by her smile and calm demeanor, but his dog was actually protecting this female. Which was out of character for his dog, the only females Rex protected were family, and any other female was a enemy to him.

Defeated, he sighed, "No officer, there isn't a problem."

Happy that the man was being compliant, Emma stood up, brushing her skirt of dust, "Well, since I'm not needed, I'll be on my way.."

Smiling at the officer and giving a nod to the guy who was slowly getting up. Bending slightly to pat the dog, "Thank you, you sure have more brain cells than your owner." She quietly murmured, knowing that the man had heard, as she felt him stiffen at her comment.

"I've got to go, my father is being admitted to the hospital and I'm already running late." Turning to leave the chaos behind her and hopefully forget that insufferable man.

"Wait..." The man spoke, stopping her in her tracks.

"What do you want now?" She huffed out, glaring at the man, forgetting the officer standing nearby observing them, "Haven't you learned your lesson?"

Blake had to think quickly, he didn't even know this woman's name and she was about to leave, "Can I get your number?"

"What for?" She asked, wondering where this was going.

"I promise, it is not to harass you..." Blake pleaded, hoping she could hear the sincerity in his voice.

Emma looked at the tall man before her, contemplating his request.

"I would recommend that you don't do that Ma'am, especially if you don't know this man." The officer spoke up, giving her his concerned advice.

Remembering the officer, Emma looked at the officer in question, smiling gently, "Thank you for that..."

"Please...I really won't be a nuisance." Blake interrupted quickly, fearing he was going to lose his opportunity, "Rex might need you..."

Confused, Emma looked at the man again, "Who is Rex and why would he need me?"

Flushing slightly at the white lie he was about to spew out, "Rex is my dog, he seems to become quite attached to you...and I might need to get hold of you if he becomes depressed." Smiling internally, when his dog lay down by her feet, placing his head on her shoes, whining lowly.

Emma looked down at the dog called Rex, he looked up at her with sorrowful eyes, being a sucker for the "puppy eyes", she bent down towards the dog, patting his head, "You do realize that I'm not stupid..." She muttered lowly to the dog only, giving him a stern look, "But...I'll play along."

Standing back up again, she glared at the man before her, "Just so you know...I have contacts and if you ever attempt anything to cause me grief, your wounded pride will be the least of your problems."

Smiling at the woman before him, "I'm Blake by the way and that one there you have met is Rex." Blake spoke, pointing at his dog, moving forward, hand extended out for a handshake. Glad, when she took his hand, one obstacle overcome...

"Emma." She replied, taking Blake's hand, trying to ignore the fact, that his nearness was affecting her.

"Ma'am...I would seriously advise you to not give out your personal information." The officer stressed.

Blake glared at the officer, this guy was seriously getting on his nerve, mind you...he was doing his job, by keeping the lady safe, but Blake needed him to back-off.

Emma had enough of the staring contest between both men and before Blake got arrested for attacking a officer, she placed her hand on Blake's arm, turning towards the officer, "Thank you and I'll take your advice under consideration. But, I'm sure everything will be okay."

Blake relaxed slightly, glaring at the officer with a smirk, turning towards Emma, "Thank you..." He simply said, extracting his cell phone from his pocket, handing it over to her, "Type in your number, so that I have it, should I need to call you for Rex..."

Nodding her head, Emma took the phone and typed in her number, giving it back to Blake, "Remember...this is for Rex only!" She stated sternly, " And now I've got to really go...I'm running late as it is."

Walking away from the pair quickly, before they could delay her any further. Only to stop short, when her phone rang, thinking it was her mother, she instantly responded without looking at the number, "I'm on my way Mom..."

"Well...I've never been compared to a mother." A male voice drawled out.

Staring confused at her phone, she looked at the number displayed, wondering who was calling her, not recognizing the number, "Who is this?" She questioned.

"Have you forgotten us already...darling." The voice spoke.

"I'm not your anything. So either tell me who you are or I'm switching off." She stated angrily, wondering if all the crazies were let out of the psychiatric unit and gunning for her, wishing she had stayed at home today.

Blake only laughed, Emma was sure to spice things up, "It's me, Blake...thought you might want to save my number."

Emma swiftly turned around, glaring at Blake, "You could have said something...what do you want now?"

"Don't get your knickers in a twist...darling. Just making sure this is your number, before you disappeared." Blake said, grinning at her.

Rolling her eyes at the big oaf, she spoke, "This is me. mentally flippin you off..." Switching the phone off and walking away.

Blake could only laugh, his day might have started bad, but Emma sure brought out the good vibes in him. Looking as she walked away, admiring the snug fit of her skirt against her derriere, whistling lowly, "You sure are something..." He murmured lowly, enjoying the view, until she was out of sight.

Glancing at his dog, "You might have been disloyal at first, but I commend you for your acting ability in helping me..." Receiving a bark in response. Blake only nodded his head, again staring in the direction that Emma went, "Now we've got to figure a way to see her again..."