Epilogue

Emma sat at the counter in the kitchen, sipping her tea contently, watching as Rex and Lady hovered around their pups, who were growing fast and becoming inquisitive. Much to Blake's annoyance, as they ended up underfoot.

It had been an amusing journey watching Rex's relationship with Lady, bringing forth many laughs as he tried to get her attention. Which wasn't an easy feat, as Lady took no nonsense from him. But here they were, finally a family, though Lady still ruled the coop.

Placing her hand on her enlarged belly, she smiled wistfully, soon they would be welcoming their own brood.

The nursery already set up to welcome their children, Blake had done everything, not wanting her to lift a finger.

She couldn't wait for them to come out, even though she loved the attention from everyone and the pampering, she wanted to be able to do things on her own.

It was quite a feat that she was here alone with the dogs, Gladys had been called home on a minor emergency and Blake had been called out to check on one of the horses, that had gotten hurt.

It wasn't that she wished upon their suffering, but a woman needed a time to herself, hence her being here alone, savoring the peace and quiet.

Standing up to clean her mug, she felt a gush of liquid run down her legs, looking down she gasped as a spasm crossed her belly, clenching the counter, "Rex...get Blake." She painstakingly gritted out, trying to breathe through the pain, as another contraction hit her.

"Rex...Go!" She shouted, worried that she had had no warnings and this was happening so fast.

Rex looked at his human, Lady giving him a nudge, spurring him into action, racing out of the house, sniffing the air to find his master, bounding towards the barn at a fast pace.

Blake was busy watching his ranch hand patch up the horse's leg, when an excited Rex jumped up at him, stumbling him a bit back, "What is it...Rex?" He queried, surprised when Rex began to tug at his shirtsleeve, "Where do you want to take me."

Rex let go of his shirt, running back and forth crazily, howling at Blake, "I'm coming..." He finally relented, wondering what was wrong with his dog, "Call me if you need me." He told his ranch hand.

Following Rex out of the barn, picking up pace, as he noted that Rex was running in the direction of the house. Rex's behavior finally making sense to him, his wife was in trouble...

Emma looked up when the door slammed open, relief coursing through her when she saw Blake enter the kitchen, "They're coming..." She could only mutter, before another contraction hit her.

Blake went into action, scooping Emma into his arms, carrying her to his truck, shouting out to his ranch hands standing nearby, to what was happening and to inform everyone.

Getting them safely to the nearby hospital, it was another three hours, before Blake came out of the labor room, a grin across his face as he walked towards the waiting room, where their family was waiting for news, "Mother and children are okay." He stated proudly, receiving congratulations all round him.

Later that evening, after everyone had left, Blake sat contently next to Emma on the bed, while he held a pink bundle in his arms and Emma a blue bundle, "I love you so much..." He spoke quietly, gazing lovingly at his wife and children, "You have given me so much."

Cupping his face with her free hand, she smiled at him lovingly, "I love you too..." Receiving a gentle kiss from the love of her life, "Besides...if it wasn't for you getting distracted by a sexy woman and crashing...this wouldn't have been possible." She cheekily added.

Blake only laughed, bringing his family into his warm strong embrace, "That is true..."

Content in being a whipped man, his wife the queen of his life, their future bright with many happy adventures ahead of them.

The End