Four

*Time Skip*

It's been two days since the attack. Bryce has barely felt my side since then. He's really nice to me. Which I'm thankful for. He's acting like a father to me too. Which is way better than the one my real dad has been like. He even told his mom that he wants it so teachers know all the disabilities I have. So, when I go to school I'll be able to leave the room early and if I need to. 

"Cassie, time to get up." Bryce's voice said. I rubbed my eyes open before looking over at him. "Morning," I said. "Morning," he said smiling. "It's time to get up. You have school." Bryce said. I nodded before sitting up. "Do I have to go?" I asked. He looked at me. "Yeah, you have to go. Why'd you ask?" He asked. 

"Where I'm from people at school weren't the nicest to me. And I knew everything the teachers were teaching me." I said. He nodded. "Well, if anyone hurts you or makes fun of you here. You can tell me. You need to have someone to talk too." he said. I nodded. "Now, get ready. I'll be downstairs getting breakfast ready," he said. I nodded. He walked out of the room as I walked to the bathroom. After doing my business I walked into the closet that is huge by the way and started to get dressed. 

After getting dressed I grabbed the backpack Bryce got me and walked to the kitchen

After getting dressed I grabbed the backpack Bryce got me and walked to the kitchen. There Bryce was making something. "Alright, I have pancakes. Kind of burnt, but it works," he said. I nodded. I put my bag down and started to eat as Bryce drank a cup of coffee with his food. 

"So, Cassie. When you get to school you're needed in the office. They have tests they want you to take to see what grade you should be in." Nora said walking into the kitchen. I nodded and kept on eating. Once I was done I put my dishes in the sink before picking up my bag. "Alright, we better head out," Bryce said. 

"Alright, see you guys after school," Nora said. "See you later mom," Bryce said grabbing his bag. "Let's head out, Cassie," Bryce said. I nodded and followed Bryce out to his jeep. I put my bag by my feet before buckling my seat belt. "Are you okay with music?" Bryce asked putting on his seat belt on. He turned the car on along with the radio. He then drove off to school.

I nodded my head to the beat as we got to the school. I heard Bryce chuckle. I looked over at him. "What?" I asked smiling. "I haven't seen you smile and have fun since the attack," Bryce said. My face faded. I nodded. "Yeah, it usually takes time after an attack for me to be myself again," I said. He nodded as the song ended. 

He then pulled into the school. I looked at the school. Kids were out there hanging with friends in the groups they have made already. "Hey, you okay?"Bryce asked. I didn't answer. "Cassie, you okay?"Bryce asked. 

"Yeah, just haven't been to school for a while," I said. "Hey look at me, "Bryce said. I looked at him. "Everything will be okay. If anything happens you know you can text me." Bryce said. I nodded. "Alright, come on. You have to get to the office," he said. I undid my seatbelt. I grabbed my bag before opening the door. Bryce did the same thing. He waited for me in front of his jeep. I climbed out and walked over to him. 

"Alright, you okay?" Bryce asked. I nodded. "Yeah," I said. "Alright, let's get you to the office."  He said. I nodded and followed him into the hallway. Everyone looking at us as we walked down the halls. 

I guess he's kind of popular at school. Maybe from the things he's done. I'm not sure. "Bryce." a voice said. He turned to the voice. I turned to see who was there. 

"Hey Monty," Bryce said

"Hey Monty," Bryce said. "Hey, who's this?" he asked looking at me. "Right, uh. Cassie this is one of my friends Montogmery. Monty this is Cassie. She's staying with mom and I.......for a while." Bryce said. I looked at Bryce before looking at his friend. "Nice to meet you," Monty said. "You too," I said. He nodded. "Well, I have to get her to the office. But...... see you later." Bryce said. 

"Yea, nice to meet you again," Monty said. I nodded and followed Bryce away from him. "Look at that. You talk to someone else better than when you first met me." Bryce said in a joking manner. I smiled. We walked into the office. "Hi, Bryce." A lady said. "Hello, Cassie here was asked to be here," Bryce said. 

"Full name?" the lady asked me. "Cassie-Maddison Lily-Rose Taylor," I said. "You weren't kidding when you said it's long," Bryce said. I smiled. "Alright, Bryce you can head to class and we'll call you down once she's done testing and the tests are corrected." the lady said. Bryce nodded. "Is she aloud to text me if anything happens?" Bryce asked. "What do you mean?" the lady asked. 

"Like if she needs me or something happens," Bryce said. "Only if your teachers let both of you," she said. Bryce nodded. "Well, see you at lunch," Bryce said. I nodded as he walked out of the room. "Alright, you can sit down in the small room." the lady said. I walked into the small room. I put my bag in the corner of the room. "Alright, Cassie-Maddison. I'm Principal Bolan." a man said walking into the room. 

I gave a weak smile. "Alright, I'm going to sit in this chair on the other side of the table as you take each test. If you don't know a question you can put an X through it. We'll do one test at a time until you find the one you haven't done the first time or didn't know the most on it." he said sitting down. I nodded. "Here's a pencil. And your first test," he said. I grabbed them from him and started to take the tests he gave me.