Nine

*Cassie's view*

When I woke up it was to smell of bacon and I think french toast. I smiled and sat up. I looked around to see I was still in the living room from last night's nightmare. I got up and walked into the kitchen. "Morning," I said. "Well, good morning sleepyhead," Bryce said. I smiled and sat down at the counter. "So, what are we going to do today?" I asked. "Well, I have a business to get up and running so it'll be just you two," Nora said. I nodded. 

"What are you trying to open?" I asked. "A yoga studio," Nora said as she put a plate of food in front of me. I smiled and started to eat. "My mom used to teach yoga after school in the gym for anyone who wanted it," I said. 

She nodded and looked at the time. "Alright, I have to go. Behave you two," she said before walking out of the kitchen door. I started to eat. "So, do you want to talk about last night?" Bryce asked. I shrugged my shoulders before taking a bite of the french toast. 

I looked at the plate. "It wasn't just a nightmare," I said. He looked at me. "It was a memory of mine. When I was four my family took a trip to the lake close to us." I said. "I was young at the time and I never understood what they meant," I said. 

I put the fork down. "They told me that they were just taking care of me. I didn't understand them. So I went swimming in the lake with all my kids I thought were my siblings. After a while, one of the people that were in the lake held me under the water until I almost stopped breathing at the moment." I said. Bryce looked at me. 

"What else have you been through?" Bryce asked. "Almost dying, abuse, almost dying and bullying. Did I mention almost dying?" I asked. 

He looked at me. "Really," he said. I nodded. I picked up the fork and started to eat again. "How about this? We do whatever you want today." Bryce said. I looked up at him. "Are you just saying that, because I told you I almost died more than once?" I asked. "Of course not," Bryce said. I looked at him. 

"I just want you to hang out with you more," Bryce said. I nodded. "So, what are we going to do?"I asked. "Not sure," Bryce said. "What about Go-karting?" Bryce asked. "Yeah, I love Go-Karting," I said. He smiled. "Alright, finish getting ready and we'll head out," Bryce said. I nodded and finished eating. I then made my way up to my room. 

*Bryce's View*

I looked at the pictures I have of Cassie. I smiled at them. I hope mom can talk the judge into letting me do my crazy idea. I went to Instagram and posted one of them. I then looked at it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Glad this one changed my life. Cassie-MaddieTaylor it the best person to be around'

Liked by MontyDeLaCruz, ZachDempsey, TonyPadilla, and 100 more

Comments:

JessicaDavis: You go, girl. Changing lives one smile at a time.

MontyDeLaCruz: Glad you two are getting along well. 

50 more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled at everything they all had to say about Cassie. "What's got you smiling?" Cassie asked. "Nothing, you ready?" I said putting my phone in my pocket. She nodded. "Alright, come on. Let's head out."I said. She smiled and made her way to my car. I closed the door behind me and got in the driver's seat. 

*Cassie's View*

I looked at my phone. There were a bunch of friend requests on Instagram. I smiled and took my account off of private. I then looked to see that Bryce was one of the requests. I followed him and his friends. I put my phone down and looked out the window. Bryce turned the music on but quietly in the background. "So, you've been go-karting huh," Bryce said. "Yeah, I have. It's fun. I went with one sister, my mom, uncle, grandma, cousins, a kid from Germany, and my cousin's other grandparents." I said. 

Bryce nodded. "Of course the kid from Germany won most of the time when we were there. Since it was Go-karting and Mini golf, but it was still fun." I said. He nodded. "Well, we're here." He said. I smiled. The two of us climbed out of the car making our way to the track. I climbed into one of the karts. "Smile," Bryce said. I smiled as he took a picture before getting into a kart himself. 

~

"I had so much fun," I said. Bryce smiled. "Glad you had fun," Bryce said. I smiled. "And I won," I said. "No, you didn't. I let you win." Bryce said. "Sure you did," I said. "I let you win. I don't know what you're talking about." Bryce said as I climbed out of the car. I walked into the door with him behind me. "You just don't want to admit that you lost to a girl that's younger than you," I said. "Now you're going to get it," Bryce said. I ran from him. 

I ran into the main hall to see Nora and Monty. I ran behind them as Bryce walked into the room. I looked out at him. Monty and Nora not knowing what's going on. "You're just sad that you lost," I said before running. Bryce ran to me and picked me up. "No, put me down," I said. "Nope," he said. He laid me on the ground and started to tickle me. I couldn't stop. "S.stop p.please," I said laughing. "Not until you say it," Bryce said. "F.fine you won," I said. He stopped. "Thank you," he said. I got up. 

"I still won!" I yelled before running to my room. I laughed and started to draw until I fell asleep. 

*Bryce's View*

"What was that about?" Monty asked laughing. "Well, I took her go-karting and she beat me. So I kept on telling her that I let her. I thought I'd just mess around a little." I said. He nodded. "Well, I have your homework," Monty said as mom walked out of the room. I grabbed it from him. "Thank you, brother," I said smiling. "No problem. Also, your mom told me you wanted to tell me something."Monty said. "Yeah, uh..Let's go to the pool house and talk." I said. He nodded as we made our way there. 

"So, what's up?" he asked as we got there. "It's crazy, but I want to talk to you about it,"I said. "What is it?" he asked. "Well....I think I want too............."I said.