Eleven

The last bell rang telling everyone that school is done. I smiled and walked out of the room. I walked outside to see that the school's dance group was there and they were waiting for tryouts. I then saw Bryce on the baseball field not far from the group. I took a picture of him and sat down waiting for tryouts. I went on Instagram and posted the picture. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Cassie-MaddisonTaylor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my phone down and looked at the coach. "Alright, girls thank you all for coming to today's tryouts," she said. Everyone clapped. I smiled and clapped with them. "Alright, everyone get up and dance to this song.  The people we picked to be on the team will be posted Tuesday next week." the coach said. We all got up and started to dance. I was in the middle of the group. 

Once the song ended half of the girls were left standing. The rest were told to stop. I was one of them. I took a breath as the next song started. 

Half of the girls that were left last time went down two more. "Alright, now let's see about this one." the coach said. I looked to see the Baseball team all looking at us. I smiled and started to dance with the music. 

After that song, there was me and another person left. "You're going down," she said. "That's where you're wrong," I said. "GO, Cassie!" Bryce yelled. Monty and Zach started to cheer for me. I laughed as the next song came on. 

While I was dancing I realized that the girl next to me was going faster than she was supposed to. She also threw in some moves of her own too. I rolled my eyes and continued to dance. While I danced Bryce, Monty and Zach cheered me on. Some of the other people also started. 

Once the song was done the girl next to me fell to the ground. My breathing was still even. "What, you worked too hard for this and you just fall on the ground," I said. She looked at me. 

I smiled. "Come on," I said holding my hand out. She grabbed it and tried to pull me to the ground. "Jesus, what are you made of bricks?" she said smiling as I pulled her to her feet. 

"Nope, I just have good balance," I said. "And good breathing. How are you not breathing heavy?" she asked. "I've been good at keeping my breathing normal. Some things that me and you don't agree on." I said smiling. 

"Alright, girls. The results will be posted on Tuesday next week. Good luck everyone." she said. I walked to my bag. "Can I give you some advice?" I asked grabbing my bag. "Sure." She said. "Don't waste your energy. So don't do what you just did there." I said. She nodded. "I'm Mia by the way," she said. "Cassie-Maddison," I said. I shook her hand. 

"You are an amazing dancer by the way." She said. "Thank, you too," I said. I smiled and that's when I saw two people that I thought I'd never see again. My breathing got uneven. "Cassie, you okay?" Mia asked. I shook my head and grabbed my phone. I called Kyle. "Cassie, what's wrong?" he asked. "They're here," I said panicing. "Hold on. I'm on my way with cops now," he said. I hung up. 

They saw me and started to walk to me. I took a step back before running. I ran all the way to a tree. I know my parents can't climb. I ran up the tree so they couldn't pull me out of the tree. 

"Cassie-Maddison, come down. Your mom and I are worried sick about you." dad said. I held onto the tree hard. "NO, leave me alone!" I yelled. "What's going on?" Bryce's coach asked. "Just trying to get our daughter out of the tree." Mom said. "No, I'm not your daughter!" I yelled. 

"Yes, you are honey. You have memory lose remember. You are our daughter." dad said. "No, I'm not!" I yelled back. Dad jumped and tried to grab my leg. I moved up more so he could touch me. "Excuse me, but I think you should listen to Cassie," Bryce said to my parents. 

They looked at Bryce. "Don't tell us how to raise OUR daughter." dad said. "She isn't your daughter," Kyle said. Everyone looked over at him. "You gave that right up when you both went to jail. You're not supposed to be near her." Kyle said. "See!" I yelled. "Don't yell at us, young lady." Mom said. I looked at her. "You two have to leave now or these men will put you both back in jail," Kyle said. They looked at the officers. "We will get our daughter back." dad said as they both walked away. 

"Cassie, you can come down now," Kyle said. I looked to see they drive off. I slowed my breathing and climbed down from the tree. Bryce walked up to me. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded before hugging him like there was no tomorrow. "Alright, we have to get back to work." The officers said. "Thank you, guys," Kyle said. They walked off. 

Bryce picked me up and put me at his side. Tears started to fall down my face. "I also have to go. If they bother you two again just call me." Kyle said. "Thank you, Kyle," Bryce said. Kyle nodded and walked off. 

"Monty, can you take her for a little bit?" Bryce asked. Monty nodded. Bryce handed me over to Monty. Monty put me on his side. His arm wrapped around my waist. Holding me up. 

I put my head on Monty's shoulder. Bryce ran after Kyle. They started to talk to each other. "Everything is going to be okay Cassie," Zach said rubbing my back. I hid my face in Monty's neck. My forehead touching his bare neck. 

I took a deep breath and that's when I started to feel tired. Bryce ran back to us. He grabbed his and my bag. Zach grabbed his and Monty's. The three of them then walked to Bryce's car. Monty put me in the passenger seat. Making sure I was in there safely. He smiled and closed the door. "Thank you guys," Bryce said. They nodded. Bryce climbed into the driver's seat and drove off. I fell asleep on the way home. I hate my life.