Thirteen

*Bryce's View*

"Bryce, "Monty said. He pointed over to where the crowd of people where. There on the floor was Tony and a medic. By a girl. "No," I said. I ran over there. The medic was holding pieces of cloth to Cassie's head. "Feel for a heartbeat." The medic said. Tony nodded and put two fingers on Cassie's neck. "It's there, but faint," Tony said. 

"Who was she here with?" the medic asked. "Me," I said. She looked at me before looking back at Cassie's head. She wrapped something around to keep the cloth on her head. "Sir, I need you to pick her up and follow me outside," she said. I nodded and picked her up. I threw my keys to Zach. "Meet us at the hospital," I said before climbing in the ambulance. I can't let her die. Not with everything I want to do with her. Not the happiness I wanted her to be through. I put her on the stretcher and sat down. 

"Sir, when we get to the hospital. We'll have to bring her to surgery. You'll have to stay in the waiting room." a nurse said. I nodded. Please get better. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat there waiting for the doctor to tell me that Cassie is okay. All the people that are on the tapes were there too. She had gotten real close to all of them. I took a deep breath. "Cassie-Maddison Taylor." a man said. I got up and walked over to him. "Is she okay?" I asked. "Yeah, she's breathing and well. We had to remove the bullets from her head though. She might have some memory loss from that. Worse PTSD than she already has. She'll need help 24-7 until she can walk and do everything again." the doctor said. 

I let out a sigh of relief. "Can I see her?" I asked. "She just got out of surgery. She's not going to be up for a while. I came out here because she needs blood. She lost too much." the doctor said. "I'll do it," I said. He nodded. "Follow me," he said. I nodded and followed him into the hallway. There is a bunch of rooms there. Doors that are open and closed. 

He stopped by a closed door. He opened it and walked in. I walked in closing the door behind him. "Sit down on her left side." the doctor said. I nodded and sat down next to her. She has a wrap-around her head. 

He put a needle in her vein before putting one in mine. "Alright, if you feel dizzy tell someone. If you need anything just ask." the doctor said. I nodded. He opened the IV. My blood came out of my vein and made it's way to her's. "We're going to have this go for a while. To make sure she was the right amount." the doctor said. I nodded. 

"Can the people I was waiting with come back?" I asked. "Not at the moment. Once this is done them can." the doctor said. I nodded. He walked out of the room leaving me there with Cassie. "I will not let anything bad happen to you again Cass," I said. "Sir, I have news. While she was back there we did a DNA test. We found her real parents for you." a nurse said. "Where are they?" I asked. "They're in a room not far from here. The doctor said they can come in if you want." the nurse said. I nodded. 

"Yeah, I want to meet them," I said. She nodded and walked out of the room. She and another nurse came in rolling a man and a lady. "We'll leave you guys to talk." one of the nurses said. They left the room. "So, you much be Bryce Walker." the man said. I nodded. "Yes, sir," I said. I tried not to stare since they both were in wheelchairs. 

"I'm Jackson Taylor. This is my wife Grace Taylor." the man said. "Nice to meet you two," I said. There was a knock on the door. The judge and Kyle came into the room. The judge from my case that is. "Bryce you are a good kid. We heard what you want to do for our daughter." the lady said. That's when Monty and Jessica came into the room. "What's going on?" Monty asked walking by me. "I don't know," I said. 

"Bryce we're letting you adopt our daughter." the man said. I looked at them. "Really," I said. They nodded. "We both are dying. I'm dying from a bomb that went off close to my chest." the man said. "I'm dying from cancer." the lady said. "And we think you're the best option for our little girl." the man said. I smiled. 

"Bryce Walker, do you swear to care for Cassie? To be there for her until the very end." The judge said. "I swear," I said. "Montgomery De La Cruz, do you swear to be the best godfather Cassie needs?" the judge asked. "I swear," Monty said. "Jessica Daivs, do you swear to be the best godmother to Cassie?" The judge asked. "I swear," Jess said. I smiled. "Bryce sign here." The judge said handing me a pen. I signed. So did Monty and Jess. 

"Alright, Cassie is now Cassie Walker. Congrats Bryce." the judge and Kyle said before walking out of the room. "Her real name isn't Cassie-Maddison." the man said. I looked at them. "What is it?" I asked. "Her real name is Jade." the lady said. I smiled. They left the room. Leaving me, Monty, and Jess in the room with Cassie. I mean Jade.