Six

(The video doesn't have to do with the chapter, but I thought it was amazingly made. So I put it into the book. Please watch it. -Author)

 -Author)

I was standing by Bryce's car waiting for him when Drew walked over to me. "Hey baby," he said. "Don't call me that," I said. "Why not? I mean it's perfect for you. Come on." he said grabbing my wrist. I pulled away and took a step away. "Don't touch me," I said. 

He looked at me. "You will be mine. If not today then some other day." He said grabbing my arm. "Hey, Cassie," Bryce said walking over to me. "Is this loser bothering you?" Bryce asked pointing at him. Drew stepped back. "No, we're just talking," Drew said. "Did I ask you?" Bryce asked. "I'll just go," Drew said. He looked at me before walking away. 

Bryce looked over at me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I could hear the worries in his voice. I nodded. "Yeah," I said. He nodded. "Well, we should head home," Bryce said. I nodded and walked over to the passenger seat. I then climbed into the car. "You sure you're okay," Bryce said. I nodded as I put my seat belt on. 

"I'm sure," I said. I was still a little shaken up by it. But I'm okay. He nodded and drove to his place. "So, young one. What do you want to do?" Bryce asked as we pulled to his house. "Don't you have homework," I said. He smiled. "Yeah, I meant after that of course," he said. 

I shrugged and climbed out of his car. A gust of wind moving loose pieces of hair. I put my bag on my back. "So, you know someone at the school huh," Bryce said. I nodded. He stepped in front of me. "Can you please tell me the truth? Whatever you're hiding I wouldn't be mad about. I can help you." Bryce said. I tried to step around him. He grabbed my wrist. My breathing got heavier in fear. 

"I don't know what else you want me to do! Tell me!" Bryce said loudly. "Bryce, let go. You're scaring me." I said. He didn't hear me. "Tell me to want I should do, Cassie," he said louder. 

"Bryce." his mom said. I looked at her. His grip loosened around my wrist. I ran over to Nora. "What's going on?" Nora asked. Bryce looked at me. He looked sorry. I ran into the house before he could say anything. I ran up to my room and locked the door behind me. I sat in front so he couldn't get in. 

I took my bag off and started to calm my breathing down. "Cassie," Bryce said from the other side of the door. "Go away!" I yelled. "Cassie, I'm sorry. Please, can you open the door? I want to talk to you." Bryce said. "I don't want to see you," I said. 

I heard him sit down on the other side of the door. "Listen Cassie. I am so sorry. I wasn't thinking before I grabbed your wrist like that. I'm trying to be better. I really am. And the first three days you have been here has helped me. You've grown on me. And when I saw that  boy with you I fault the need to protect you."He said. 

"I remember my friend Zach telling me when I told him about that. He told me that I was like a big brother in a way. Then someone else told me it could be father instincts. I'm not sure, myself. But you mean everything to me. I don't want anything bad to happen to you."  I took a deep breath. 

"I understand if you're mad at me or scared at the moment. I just want you to know that what you saw was some of the old people I was. I want to change and not be that person anymore. I want to be way better than that. I just want you to know that I'm here for you whenever you need me. Whenever something happens to you I want you to be able to come and talk to me. I want you to be able to trust me." 

I sat there. I have no clue what to do. I was frozen. I was in the middle of being scared of Bryce to almost not.

"I'll be in the living room downstairs if you want to talk," Bryce said. I heard him getting up. "Bryce," I said. I heard him sit back down. "Yeah," he said. 

"I'm not scared for you snapping like that," I said.  "You're not." He said. "No, I'm scared because of a moment I saw my real dad. Scared me standing there as he's yelling at me for doing something I shouldn't have. "

"I'm not open to most people, because I'm scared they'll turn into the people my parents are like. I'm scared they'll treat me the same way." I said. 

"Did they hurt you? Your parents." Bryce asked. "Sometimes yeah. They'd take a knife to my skin. Hit me until I blackout. And lock me in my room for a while cauing me to almost go hungry." I said. 

"Jesus," Bryce said. "I'm a little more open to you and Nora. More than others. I don't understand why myself. But I never flinch when you or Nora was hugging me. Not like when other people touch me." I said. 

"You're sensitive to touch. I not mad or anything about that. If what you told me is true then I don't blame you. That happens to a lot of people that go through something like that." Bryce said. He took a deep breath before I heard a soft bang on the door. Bryce problemly put his head on the door. 

"Did that boy do anything to you?" Bryce asked. "Just touch me and grabbed my wrist." I said. "Did he touch you in an inapproite way?" Bryce asked. "No." I said. "Alright, do you want to talk about anything else?" Bryce asked. "Yes." I said.