Seven

(Please watch the video above. And shout out to the person who made that one and the last one. They are well made. Nothing I'll be able to do.)

"So what do you want to tell me about?" Bryce asked. "Well, I don't like your school," I said. "And why's that?" Bryce asked. "Reminds me of my old one. All the popular kids making fun of the little kids. Jocks messing around to the point they knock someone over without meaning too. People that only care about themselves. And your school reminds me of all the pain I went through at mine." I said. 

"What happened to you there?" 

"Well, I was bullied for being the skinny kid in my grade. I was bullied because of all the scars I have. That started once I started to have to change for P.E. Everyone saw them and started to make fun of me for it. Someone told the counselor about it. I talked to her and that didn't help. She only talked to my parents about the scars. I only made sure everything was okay at home. Not that all the kids were making fun of me."

"I've also had a bunch of terrible days. Those are whenever I get fought up in fights that I didn't even start. When I'd get in trouble for doing something bad that I didn't. And the worse one had to do with a lockdown." I said. 

"What happened?" Bryce asked. 

"Well, I was in math when it happened. The office ladies went on the loudspeaker telling us we're going into lockdown. That a shooter is in the building. We all continued to listen until there was a gunshot over the whole system. We all did what we have to when there is a lockdown. Grab something to throw at the man or lady and hide." 

"The man that was there first went into the room I was in. He only had shot at the office ladies. For a split second, I thought I was going to die. That's when he started to shoot people around me. Not even knowing that I was there, to begin with." I said. 

"Well, that is a lot," Bryce said. I nodded. "That's not most of it either," I said with a little laugh. "Can you open the door?" Bryce asked. I got up as I heard him get up. I slowly opened the door. I could see him standing there. "Can I come in?" Bryce asked. I nodded and stepped out of the way. 

He rubbed the back of his neck as he walked into the room. "Can I uh....give you a hug?" Bryce asked. I nodded and walked to him. He wrapped his arms around me. It felt amazing. I smiled and hugged him back. He rubbed my back before letting go. I let go and looked up at him. Me being around 5"10 I can almost see eye to eye with him. 

"How about after my homework we can hang out in the living room?" Bryce said. I smiled. "Yeah, I'll meet you down there soon," I said. He nodded. He walked out of the room and started to do his homework in his room. I sat on my bed and started to draw. 

After drawing and coloring it in I put my sketchbook on the bed before walking down to the living room

After drawing and coloring it in I put my sketchbook on the bed before walking down to the living room. Bryce was down there on his phone. "Hello," I said. "Well, hello little one," Bryce said. I smiled and sat down next to him. "I was thinking. What if we watch a movie?" Bryce asked. "Which one?" I asked. "Not sure. What do you want to watch?" Bryce asked. "The Giver," I said. He smiled and found it. He put it on. 

He threw a blanket over the two of us before pulling me close to him. I smiled and started to watch the movie.

It was almost halfway into the movie when I put my head on Bryce's shoulder. Only to fall asleep.

*Nora's View*

I was in my office doing work for my studio that I'm going to open. I needed a break so I walked into the living room to find Bryce and Cassie fast asleep with 'The Giver' on the TV. I smiled and took a picture before shutting the movie off. 

I smiled. They look so peaceful. I turned the lights off that are around them and let them sleep. I think my son really is getting to liking her. Even I have. I've left like a grandma around her. The need to spoil her. I wonder if that's how Bryce feels. I shook it off and made my way to my room.