Ten

"Cassie." Bryce's voice said. I groaned. "Come on you have to get up for school," Bryce said. "Nnnnnoooo," I said. "Come on. The principal talked to some teachers and you can hang out in some classes and help out. And whenever you aren't doing that then you can just hang out." Bryce said. I rubbed my eyes opened and looked at him. "Morning, time to get ready," he said. I nodded and sat up. I yawned. Still a little tired. Bryce smiled and walked out of the room. 

I walked into the bathroom. I took a fast shower and got dressed. 

After I got dressed I grabbed my bag from two days ago and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen

After I got dressed I grabbed my bag from two days ago and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. "Morning honey," Nora said. "Morning," I said putting my bag down on the floor before I sat down at the counter. Bryce put a plate with peanut butter and jelly toast in front of me. I smiled and started to eat. My phone then went off. I looked at it and it was a notification from Instagram. I looked at it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by BryceWalker:

'Had a lot of fun with Cassie-MaddisonTaylor yesterday

'Had a lot of fun with Cassie-MaddisonTaylor yesterday. Even though I let her win. We still had a blast.'

Liked by MontyDeLaCruz, TonyPadilla, JessicaDavis, and 130 more

MontyDeLaCruz: Yeah you 'let' her win. I heard the story. It looks like she had fun.

JessicaDavis: You go, girl. Beat his ass in Go-Karting.

RyanShaver: Yesssss Queeeen!!!!

70 more comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled and put my phone away. I started to eat. Once I was done eating I put my plate int he sink. "Alright, you two ready for school?" Nora asked. "Well, it's school. Are people okay if they are ready for it?" I asked trying not to smile. Bryce chuckled. "Good answer," Bryce said. I smiled and grabbed my bag. 

"Alright, see you later mom," Bryce said. "See you two later," Nora said. I smiled and we made way to Bryce's car. That's when my phone went off again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by AJGrayson:

'That's my best friend

'That's my best friend. You hurt you. You get hurt by me. Cassie-MaddisonTaylor.'

Liked by BryceWalker, ClayJenson, JustinFoley, and 148 more.

BryceWalker: If someone hurts her you'll also have to answer to me.

TonyPadilla: And me.

MontyDeLaCruz: ^

100 more comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my phone away and climbed into Bryce's car. "So, I have Baseball after school. I can call my mom to bring you home after school if you want." Bryce said as he drove off. "I can hang out at school. I don't mind." I said. He nodded. "Alright," he said. "I should find some club to join too. Just to keep me busy. Don't want to be bored." I said. He smiled. 

Bryce turned on the radio and a  weird/amazing song came on. 'Truth Hurts' by Lizzo. I smiled and started to sing to it. Bryce joined in after a while. While singing my phone went off. My boss texted me.

Bossman: Saw all the fun pictures of you. Is life good for you now?

Me: Yeah, it is. Why did you ask? Did something happen?

Bossman: Cassie, your parents are out of jail. They are trying to find you.

Me: Thanks for telling me

I turned my ring off as Bryce turned the music down. "You okay?" Bryce asked. "Yeah." I lied. He nodded. "Well, here we are," he said turning the car off. I climbed out of the car. Bryce met me in front of his car. "You sure, you're okay," he said. "Yeah, I'm sure," I said. He nodded. 

"Well, I have to get to class, but you can get your schedule from the office," he said. I nodded and made my way there while he went to talk to some friends of his. I gave a weak smile and walked into the office. 

"Well, hello again." the office lady said once she saw me. "You too," I said. "Here's your schedule," she said. I grabbed it from her. "If you have any questions you can come and ask us or any of your teachers," she said. I nodded and walked out of the office. I looked to see I didn't have a locker. 

I sighed and made my way to my first class. "Hey, Cassie. You lost?" a voice said. I looked to see it, Zach. "Yeah, I am lost," I said. He smiled. "What class you going to?" he asked. "Uh, English," I said. He nodded. "Follow me," he said. I nodded. I followed him with my head down. I was still had what Kyle told me in my head. 

"What are you thinking?" Zach asked. I snapped back to reality. "Huh," I said. "You looked space out," Zach said. "Just scared a little," I said. He stopped and looked at me. "Of what?" Zach asked. "My real parents," I said. 

"They were in jail. They just got out. Trying to find me." I said. "And you don't want them too," Zach said walking again. "Yeah, I don't even want to see their faces again," I said. 

"Well, here we are," Zach said. I nodded. "Oh, and here's my number if you need anything," he said haning me a piece of paper. I grabbed it from him. "Thanks, I said. I walked into the room and started to wait for the day to be done.