Five

*Bryce's View*

I was in math taking notes when the teacher stopped to answer his phone. I started to pack my things knowning that it was about me. "Mr.Walker, you're needed in the office," he said. I nodded and walked to the office with my bag on my back. 

When I got out there the principal was there waiting for me at the counter. "Mr. Walker, I have news about the tests we had Miss. Taylor did," he said. I walked up to him. "We're not sure what to do," he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "She passed all the tests. I even gave her another one that is required for kids that pass all the tests like her," he said. I looked at all of them. 

"So, what does that mean?" I asked. "She's gifted Mr.Walker," he said smiling. "What's that mean?" I asked. "It's having exceptional talent or natural ability. For her it's school," he said. I nodded. "Where is she?" I asked. "Still in the room, she was in." He said. I nodded. "So, what now?" I asked. "Well, I can talk to some teachers to see if she can sit and join everyone else. If that doesn't work then I might give a list of gifted schools around here," he said. I nodded. 

"I think mom would be happier if she stayed here. Just like the court." I said. He nodded. "Well, then I'll talk to some teachers. If that doesn't work she can help us out in the office or some of the teachers if they need it," he said. I nodded. 

"What now though?" I asked. "Well, she can hang out here if she wants or with you. Whatever you both want," he said. I nodded. "Can I talk to her?" I asked. "Yeah." He said before walking to his office

*Cassie's View*

I was sitting there looking at the plain grey wall when the door opened. On the other side was Bryce. "Hey," I said. "Hey," Bryce said. "What's up?" I asked. "Well, Principal Bolan gave of some option until he figures something out," Bryce said. I nodded. 

"He said you can hang out with me in my classes for a while or hang out here," Bryce said. I thought about it. "I don't mind for any of them," Bryce added. I nodded. "Well, can I hang out with you?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah," he said as the bell rang. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, you ready to eat?" Bryce asked. I looked at him weirdly. He chuckled. "Come on," Bryce said. I laughed quietly to myself as I follow Bryce to the lunchroom. "Hey Bryce." a voice said as we walked into the room. "Hey Alex," Bryce said. That's when I saw a kid with a cane and another one by him. "Who's this?" one asked. "Guys this is Cassie. She's staying at the house for a while. Cassie, this is Alex and Zach." Bryce said pointing at each of them. 

I nodded and smiled. "I have a cousin named Zac," I said. Zach smiled. "Where you from?" Alex asked. "Minnesota," I said. They nodded. "I'm hungry. You want anything, Cassie?" Bryce asked. "No thanks. Still full from breakfast." I said. He nodded. 

"Cassie." a voice said. I smiled before turning around. "I thought I recognized that voice." the voice said. I saw my friend there. Well, my only friend.

 I walked over to her

 I walked over to her. Before hugging her. "What are you doing here? I thought you were someone else. After everything that happened." she said. I smiled not wanting to go. "No, they're in jail. About to get out. So yeah." I said letting her go. She nodded. 

"You really changed since last time we talked. My God." She said. I laughed. "Will it has been almost six years," I said. She nodded. "Wait, you two know each other," Bryce said. "Yeah, Cassie here is my best friend from back home," AJ said. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah," I said looking at the ground. 

"How do you two know each other?" AJ asked Bryce. "I'm staying with him and his mom," I said before Bryce could. She nodded. "Is it okay if she sits with me?" AJ asked. "Sure, why don't you stay with Alanna for the rest of the day? You can meet me at the car." Bryce said. I nodded. "Yeah, if that's okay with you," I said to AJ. 

"You kidding. I don't mind it one bit. More time to catch up." she said. I smiled. "Come on. There are some people I want you to meet," she said. I nodded and followed her to her table. "Guys this is my friend Cassie. Cassie, this is Drew, Jack, and Rachel," she said. "Nice to meet you guys," I said sitting down. 

*Bryce's View*

I sat there with my friends at the normal table looking over at the table that Cassie was sitting at. "You okay Bryce?" Alex asked. "Yeah, just can't get over the fact that on day one she lied to us already. Not sure what to believe from her." I said. They nodded. "Well, you are a stranger to her," Monty said. "We all are in fact."

"Want help with her Bryce? I mean. I can watch over her whenever you want to be alone and all that." Zach said. "Not sure. I just don't want anyone to mess anything up. I'm already close to her. After the first day and it's hard for me to let her out of my sight." I said. 

They all nodded. "By the sounds of it. You are like a father to her." Alex said. "Yeah," I said. "What about her family? Where are they?" Monty asked. "She lied saying that they aren't around. But I know that they must be somewhere. Meaning, they might try and take her from me. But after what happened on the first day I'm not sure she should go live with them." I said. 

"Well, you'll figure it out," Monty said. I nodded. "And if you need any help just ask," Zach said. I nodded. "Oh, and the others that were on the tapes also told me to tell you that they also are there for you. Just text them." Zach added. I nodded. "Thank you, guys," I said. They nodded.