☼ W E T

It was a Wednesday, about a week and a half since the boys informed me that they were going to team up and prank me. I was constantly on the look out, considering I was still thinking of my own prank that would get five boys.

It wasn't easy.

Sure, I had a few ideas, but none were particularly great. I needed something amazing, something that would make them fear ever trying to prank me again.

"Lex," Jace says, snapping his fingers in front of my face to get me out of my daze. Noticing that I'm looking at him questioningly, he repeats what he must've said before. "Do you want to go to the beach tonight? It'll just be you, Cody, and I. Doug managed to get Charlie to agree to another 'date' and Sarah and Matthew are going to the movies."

"Sure." I shrugged. Considering it was August and even though it never gets too cold to swim in the Miami ocean, we generally only swam during the summer. I wasn't sure why, but it's just what we do.

Although we live in Miami, Florida, the boys and I were able to find our own private beach. It's only a fifteen minute walk from my house and a five minute drive. It's nice and secluded and apart from the rare fisherman, we were the only ones that went to it. We named it 'The Hangout' because, well, it's where we hangout.

It's an unspoken rule that we don't introduce anyone else to The Hangout. The boys can't take their girlfriends and I, although I haven't had a boyfriend since I was thirteen, can't take any other boys. Not even Sarah has gone. It's just a sort of secret between the six of us.

"We're gonna head over at about five." Jace informs me, and I look at the clock. We're currently at Jaces house - which is empty since both of his parents are at work - and it's only 3:45. We got out of school about half an hour ago, so we were just sitting on his couch watching some FX movie.

Once again, my feet are in Jaces lap as he sits up. He's absentmindedly rubbing my feet and legs, something he tends to do when we sit like this. I definitely appreciate it, it feels really good.

We sit in a comfortable silence, watching the movie, until I feel his hand sliding dangerously up my leg. This is also something he tends to do.

"Jace, quit it," I snap, glaring at him. He smiles innocently, but continues to slide his hand up further. I'm in green athletic shorts, so they're pretty loose. Jaces fingers skim the hem and I slap his hand away. "Stop it."

"Oh, come on, Lex. You know you like it," he winks. He begins crawling across the couch, and since it's a short distance, he is in front of me quickly. He sits on my torso and straddles me while I scowl at him. "You're so hot when you're mad."

"And you're so infuriating when you don't listen." I smile sickeningly sweet and Jaces grin just widens.

"You know," he changes topics and I groan in frustration. He picks up a lock of my hair and twists it around his fingers, observing it closely. "You're hair is really long. I remember when it only used to be to your shoulders. Now it's like past your boobs. I like it better like this."

"That's odd, I don't recall asking for your opinion," I retort and he just sticks his tongue out at me. "I'm going to-"

"Jace, darling, I'm home!" Jennette, Jaces mother calls as she enters the house. There's a sort of wall separating the front door from the living room, so Jace quickly moves to his previous spot before his mom can catch him.

"Hey, mom. Lex is here." He says and when Jennette pokes her head around the wall, she gives me a tight lipped smile.

"She sure is. Are you staying for dinner, Alexis?" Jennette questions, hanging up her red trench coat. I don't even know why she was wearing that. It's not raining nor is it cold.

I mentally punch her for using my full first name. I hate my name. For some reason, Alexis just doesn't fit me - yet Lexi does. It's strange.

"No ma'am, thank you though. I'm actually about to head home." I tell her, moving to a standing position. Jace frowns but doesn't question it. He knows I don't like his mom very much. You'd think after knowing her for almost my whole life, she'd be like a second mom to me. That's not the case though. She seems to resent me for some unknown reason.

"Alright, I'll see you later, then. Jace, dear, come help me set up the dinner table before your father gets home." Jennette demands and Jace complies reluctantly.

I blow him a kiss and he catches it before I walk out the door. I chuckle. That's another thing we did when we pretending to date for his parents. As far as they know, we broke up but are still close friends.

Funny, we never even got together.

••••

"You know, Lex, you don't even have to wear a bikini. You can skinny dip for all I care." Jace shrugs as we walk on the sand. Cody flaked on us, saying he had to watch his little sister again. He sounded quite peeved on the phone.

Still, Jace and I decided to come to the beach by ourselves. I was wearing a simple black two piece with shorts and a tank top over it while he was in a green T-shirt and blue swimming trunks. We both had towels around our necks and Jace was carrying a cooler with drinks and snacks. We were fully prepared to spend several hours here.

We found a spot with a few Palm trees as shade an laid out our towels as well as set down the cooler. Jace pulled off his shirt, and although I had seen his abs several times before, it was still a beautiful sight. I wouldn't deny it - Jace Winchester had some pretty lickable abs.

"How about when you're done staring, you take off your clothes and come to the water with me?" Jace smirks and I roll my eyes. Whatever. He has a nice body and I'm the type of girl to appreciate things like that.

I unbutton my shorts and shake them off before pulling my top over my head and dropping it on the sand beside my towel. Jaces eyes scan my body for the second time in two weeks and I shake my head, slightly amused.

"I really love your boobs," He sighs, as if upset that he doesn't have a pair of his own. "I just want to touch them all the time."

"Shut up." I say, shoving him. He laughs and grabs my hand, pulling me towards the water. At the last second, he picks me up and tosses me into the water.

I'm completely submerged and when I resurface, shaking water and hair out of my face, I hear Jaces contagious laughter. He's still on the shore, hand clutching his chest as he laughs. I smile and run - well I call it running, but it's more like wading - through the water and reach him quickly. Before he has a chance to react, I hug him, rubbing my body all over his.

"Oh look, I made you wet. Oops." I wink at my own sexual innuendo. Jace sort of gapes at me before groaning.

"Don't do that, it's hot." He shakes his head and makes a playful angry face.

"Do what?" I tilt my head innocently.

"Make sexual remarks. That's my job and when it comes out of your mouth it makes me want to fu-" I cut him off by placing a hand on his mouth.

"That is enough, Jay-Jay." I glare and he just licks my palm. He shoves me out of the way and runs into the water, diving until I can't see him. I walk to where I last saw him, but I can't find him.

"Boo," He whispers in my ear, coming behind me. I jump, not expecting it. "Ha, you should've seen your face."

"I'll get you back for that." I tell him seriously.

He rolls his eyes before picking me up and tossing me over his shoulder. "I'm hungry."

"I have legs. I can walk." I remind him, but don't make any effort to escape from his hold.

"But this way I get a view of your butt. Sure, there's not much to look at, but if it helps, it still turns me on." He jokes and I pinch his butt, making him jump.

For about three more hours, Jace and I talk, eat, swim, and make ridiculous sexual innuendoes. That last one was more Jace, though.

••••

I made some minor changes to the chapter because I was unhappy with what was previously in it. Sorry! Basically, it's just edited now :)