☼ A D A M

After Jace and I put on our rental skates, we were on the ice, racing each other. We laughed as we dodged other skaters, nearly running into a few of them.

"Jace!" I called, trying my hardest to catch up to him. He was relentless, though, and only sped up. I picked up my pace, and since I was so focused on my best friend, I crashed into someone, resulting in both of falling onto the ice.

"Ow." The guy muttered. I quickly stood up and held a hand out to him, flushing. Talk about embarrassing.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized, and the guy stood without using my offered hand. I dropped it and cleared my throat. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"Obviously." He retorted and I narrowed my eyes. There was no need to be rude, it was accident.

The guy looked down at me and I got a good view of his face. My eyes widened. He was hot.

He had aristocratic features and dark brown hair that brushed his eyebrows. His eyes were a striking grey, almost blue, color. His body was not too muscular, nor was it too thin.

"Um..." I trailed off, not quite wanting to leave the boy yet. Could I just stare at him all day? I mean, yeah, he seems rude, but he's good eye candy. "I'm Lexi."

"I don't recall asking." He replied tersely, turning around. I scowled and began skating beside him.

"Hey, why are you so rude?" I snapped and he groaned in annoyance. Well, ouch.

"Why are you still talking to me?" He countered, not answering my question. He sped up and so did I.

"Look, I apologized for running into you. I don't see why you're still acting so harsh." I voiced my thoughts and the guy sighed.

"Adam." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"My name's Adam." He gave me a pointed look. "Now will you go?"

"Well since you asked so nicely," I muttered sarcastically before beaming brightly. "Nope."

"Do you get your kicks by annoying strangers?" He shook his head, but I was able to see the hint of a minuscule smile on his lips.

"No, only you." I chuckled and he rolled his grey eyes. "So, are you here alone?"

"Are you?" He asked. Did he really have to answer all of my questions with questions?

"No, now answer my question." I demanded and he held his hands up in surrender.

"Fine, bossy." He mumbled. "Yeah, I come here alone sometimes."

"That's boring." I replied, causing him to glare at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Where's your friend?" He barked and I raised an eyebrow. Good question. Jace seemed to have disappeared while I was having my conversation with Adam.

I scanned the rink and eventually my eyes landed on Jace, who was taking his skates off on a bench right next to the ice.

"Oh, crap. He probably thought I'd ditched him. Um, I'll see you Adam. It was nice meeting you. Well, sort of." I rambled as I began skating towards the bench Jace was situated on.

"Wait!" Adam called, gripping my arm. When I turned around, he immediately dropped his hold. "Uh, can I have your number?"

I smiled widely and congratulated myself internally. I'm going to give a hot guy my number. A hot guy wants my number!

I guess handling his rudeness showed him I was worthy of talking to him.

"Give me your phone." I commanded and he did as told, handing me an iPhone 4. I quickly typed in my number and saved my contact as Ice Rink Girl, considering he'd probably forget my name if he hadn't already.

I handed his phone back and he nodded in dismissal. I waved and then skated my way towards Jace, who was standing up.

"Where are you going?" I questioned as I sat on the bench and began untying my own skates.

"Home." He said shortly.

"Why?" I pouted and finally got both skates off.

"You seemed to be having more fun with Mr. Brood over there. I figured I wasn't needed." He answered and began walking away. I jumped up and walked beside him. Deja Vu.

"Hey," I tugged on his arm. He sighed and looked down at me. "I was apologizing for running into him."

"That was one hell of a apology then, seeing a as it took about twenty minutes." He scowled and I felt myself grow angry. What was his deal?

"What the hell, Jace? You could have came over and talked to us too. You know I'd never ditch you." Seeing his expression softening, I continued. "You come first to me, Jace. You come before everyone else."

"Really?" He looked doubtful, so I smacked the back of his head lightly.

"Duh, you moron. I'm not going to leave you for some dude I just met at the ice skating rink." I said honestly. He held out his pinky childishly, but I locked my pinky with his anyway.

"I'll hold you to that." He sounded sort of serious, but his eyes were lit up and he was smiling.

"I bet you will. Now let's go home, it's been a long day."

••••

Really short but I introduced a new and very important character js