☼ P R O P O S E

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since Jace and I kissed, and two weeks of awkwardness between us. Sure, we'd sort of fallen back into our normal routine in the last few days, but it still felt odd.

Nobody knew about the kiss besides Jace, Melissa, and I. I had done a pretty good job at covering the hickie with my sisters makeup, so no one asked about that.

"So, Thanksgiving is in two weeks. What are you guys doing?" Sarah asked during lunch, popping an apple slice into her mouth. It made a loud crunch sound, but I ignored it.

"I'm going with my family to Colorado." Cody informed us. "I'm thinking of inviting Parker. She says her family usually doesn't do anything, and my parents know I care about her. I think it'd be fun."

That's another thing that happened in the last two weeks. Apparently, after Parker and Cody had sex, she was ready to try out a relationship. She said she had a bad history with relationships and that's why she was so reluctant, but she seemed to really like Cody.

"I'm going to get drunk, probably." Chris shrugged, chuckling lightly. He seemed a lot happier to be openly gay. He wasn't dating Adam, at least not yet, but I could tell he was harboring some sort of feelings for the boy. I'm almost positive his infatuation with Doug was a thing of the past.

"I'm going to El's. You know she has an apartment? She's nineteen." Doug winked and I rolled my eyes. I still hated El. Doug was odd. He would sleep with so many girls, but as of late, he kept running back to El.

He claimed it was because she was an animal in bed.

"Ah, so she's a cougar." Matthew laughed and Doug threw a plastic spoon at him.

"Yeah, but she's a fiery, sexy-as-hell one." Doug raised his eyebrows and bit his lip. "Sometimes, she dances and then she'll gri-"

"Shut up." Sarah, Jace, and I snapped at the same time. Doug just frowned and continued eating his lunch.

"Matthew and I are going to a resort with his parents. Since my parents are going to be out of town for work on Thanksgiving, Matty's parents offered me a part in the trip. They are literally the best." Sarah kissed Matthews cheek, and about half of us gagged.

"I'm just having Thanksgiving here, with my family." I told my friends with a one-shouldered shrug.

"I have to go to a family reunion in California." Jace sighed, looking disappointed.

"Dude, what's wrong with that? I'd kill to go to California." Cody spoke, looking at Jace as if he was an alien.

"I've been to California a lot growing up. My family all lives in the boring part. There aren't any beaches or cool places around their houses. It's boring." He placed his chin on his palm.

"That's true. I went with him in sixth grade and we stayed at his grandparents house. They only had one TV in the house, and it only had about twenty channels." I shuddered, remembering the trip with Jace all those years ago.

Although it'd been boring in that way, we'd managed to have fun playing outside and using our imagination. I sort of missed those days.

The days where I wasn't constantly catching myself staring at Jace absentmindedly or dreaming that our kids had gone another way. I mean, seriously, a mistake? Ouch.

"I guess I would get bored pretty fast." Chris nodded his head, and the other sort of copied him.

"Christmas is next month. Isn't that weird?" Sarah shook her head.

"Yep. Lex will be eighteen, though!" Cody threw an arm around my shoulders and I rolled my eyes.

"So what? All of you are eighteen, besides Matthew and I." I reminded them. Cody and Jace were both born in August, Sarah in July, Chris in October, and Doug in September.