☼ C H I V A L R Y

"What color are your eyes?"

"Jace," I begin, staring at him, unamused. "They're green. They've been green my whole life."

"No," he disagrees, leaning in slightly closer to get a better look at my irises. I sigh but don't make a move. "There are like flecks of gold and blue in there. I never noticed it. That's really cool."

"You're an idiot." I remind him, flicking his nose so that he'll back up. He does, and with a childlike scowl on his face.

After we skipped detention, Doug, Chris, Jace, and I came to the diner. Currently, we're sitting in a booth and I'm sat by Jace while across from us, Doug and Chris talk animatedly about something I could not care less about.

"Doug, Chris, Jace, hi," Evil El says once she comes to our table. She stands in her uniform and her hair is now pulled back in a tight, neat ponytail.

She doesn't even acknowledge me, which honestly, doesn't surprise me. I can't even imagine why she hates me so much despite the fact that we've never talked other than when she takes my order.

She's about our age, give or take a year or two. She doesn't go to our school or if she does, I've never seen her there. She seems like the kind of girl to write things about girls like me on a bathroom stall.

"Oh yeah," she looks my way with a disgruntled expression. "Lexi."

The guys and I exchange a look while Chris stifles laughter at El's ridiculous attempt to hide her contempt. Seriously though, one of these days I'm going to have to figure out what her problem is.

"Hey, El," Doug winks, obviously flirting with a certain red head. That boy can never keep it in his pants. I don't even know what happened with his whole Charlie infatuation. "Is it possible to order you?"

"And they say chivalry is dead." I scoff sarcastically. Both Doug and El send a glare my way. I raise my hands in surrender, but I can't keep a smirk off my face.

It's sort of sad that El is actually into Doug's 'subtle' flirting. She must be truly desperate considering she's giggling at something he's saying and twirling a bit of her hair.

"Hey, um, mind if we order?" Chris interrupts their shameless flirting, and I give him a high five. Thank God.

"Oh yeah, of course," El is still smiling at Doug and her eyes don't leave his face. "What would you like to order?"

"A hamburger and fries." Jace says, his expression one of boredom as he plays with the hem of my shirt sleeve.

"Same here." I chime in, leaning my head on Jaces shoulder. He tilts his head so it's on top of mine.

"I'll have a chocolate milkshake and a hotdog with all the toppings." Chris adds and El merely nods at him. She doesn't even write our orders down while she ogles at Doug. I gag.

I snap my fingers at her, and with one final glare sent my way, she heads to the back to presumably give the chef our orders.

"Seriously, Doug? You know I hate her." I give him a deadpan look and he rolls his eyes.

"You hate everyone, Lex," His lips turn up in an amused smirk. "Maybe it's because you're jealous? Aww, Lex, do you want all of my attention?"

I snort and pull an expression of disgust. "The day I become attracted to you is the day Michael Jackson returns from the grave."

"Yeah, Lex is more attracted to me." Jace points to himself and I shove him away from me lightly.

"As if," I shake my head. "You guys are pigs. All you worry about is hitting it and ditching it."