Chapter 9

*Natasha's point of view*

Please wake up Isabella. The team misses you. It was such a bad idea to being you with on the mission. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault.

Of course, everybody is blaming themselves. Cap blames himself because he wasn't there to protect her. Clint blames himself because he couldnt get a clear shot without the risk of hitting Bella. Tony thinks it's all his fault because he let her come on the mission. Bruce blames himself because he...well, his other half, couldn't help without the risk of crushing her. I blame myself because I should have been watching her. I should have been making sure she would be ok. It's all my fault!

"I'm so sorry Isabella." I whisper to her. Her eyes still closed and her breathing steady. At least she hasn't almost died for a couple of days. Nothing has went wrong.

Loki is a damn mess. I almost feel bad for him. His eyes are red all the time. He never does anything with his hair, he never eats, and doesn't sleep.

Honestly, I'm worried about him. Sure, he can be a complete ass, but I've seen him semi happy and he looks so alive then. I wonder what he would look like if he was really happy. I dont know if I will ever find out.

*Isabella's point of view*

I hear Nat whisper to me that she is sorry. I want to cry. I want to open my eyes and tell her that everything is going to be okay. To tell her not to worry about me. To tell her that she is my best friend.

I wonder how Loki is doing....he probably is a little bit of a mess right now. I figure he cares a lot about me since he saved me. But then again, he is a trickster god...I guess I'll find out.

I need to find a way to wake up. Somehow, I will wake up. I must.

Everyday, I hear my friends come in my room and talk to me, telling me how sorry they are, and trying to wake me. It breaks my heart.

*loki's point of view*

The first thought I have when I wake up is Isabella.

Please wake up Isabella, I need you. It feels like there is a hole in my heart. I'm not physically hurt, but I hurt. I dont understand it. What is this feeling?

I cant be in love.

Right?

I remember when clint told me I was.

I didnt believe him.

I still dont.

But....maybe I like Isabella...maybe.

My head is a mess. All my thoughts are scrambled up and I cant untangle them. My anxiety is spiking with every heartbeat, and my eyes shed tears every so often. People come to update me on Isabellas condition. I dont understand why they just cant let me see her. I need to see her.

I need to get out of this cage. I cant take it one more minute. I need out. Now.

I start screaming at the top of my lungs and I punch the glass as hard as I can. A sharp pain courses through my hand, but I dont give a shit. I just need to get out of here.

I keep punching will all my strength. The glass cracks. Just one crack, but its progress. I'm pretty sure my hand is broken, but Isabella is more important.

Throwing my elbow at the glass, it breaks. I start picking pieces off and make a hole big enough for me to step through.

I start running toward Isabella.

I can hear the team panicking. The stupid AI must've informed them of what I was doing. I run faster and faster. I need to see her. Even for a split second. I just need to make sure she is okay.