Chapter 27

*Isabella's point of view*

We find a seat in the middle of the room, right under a huge chandelier that glints in the sunlight. The people who are sitting around Ruby and I are all of Ruby's friends. They start introducing themselves.

"Hi," one says, "I'm Nico." He is tall and has jet black hair and dark blue eyes. His smile is devilish and I cant help but blush at him. He points to the girl sitting next to him, "this is gwen, and this," he points to another girl next to gwen, "is lilith." Gwen has straight brown hair that shines in the sunlight, bright green eyes, and freckles covering her face. Her lips are naturally red and when she smiles, her teeth are perfectly straight and white. I cant help but stare.

Ruby interrupts me, "I know, gwen is gorgeous. You can stop staring at her."

"Sorry.."

Lilith's hair is dark purple, she most likely dyed it, and it frames her face. Her eyes are a bright blue, reminding me of the sky on a clear day. Her skin is dark and looks smooth from where I am sitting.  her lips are a pale pink. She is skinny and wearing a white dress. I smile at her and she smiles back, eyes gleaming with curiosity. She is beautiful.

The last person Nico introduces is a boy. Brown hair, cut short, and brown eyes. He is average looking, but he isnt wearing a shirt.

"That is Jake," Nico says, "total jackass, but my best friend. He shows off his body all the time. He is quite proud."

"I can tell." I stare at his abs. Toned, tan, muscular, and a bad boy. Reminds me of loki....

"Hi Nico, Gwen, Lilith, and Jake." I shyly say, face growing hot.

"Dont be nervous," lilith assures, "you're our friend now."

I smile at her and she smiles back, taking a bit out of her chicken. I look down to see that food has appeared ona golden player in front of me.

Salmon, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn on the cob, and a piece of apple pie on the side.

"Where did this cone from??" I ask, looking up.

"Magic." Jake replies, stuffing his face with pie, "you gonna eat yours?" He gestures, pointing at my pie.

"Yes. I am." I glare at him, "dont mess with my pie."

"Damn, ok." He backs off.

Lilith laughs, "I'm liking her more and more."

I blush and look over at ruby. She is beaming, happy that I fit in.

*lokis point of view*

Trying to contact my sister is a pan in the ass. She never responds to me. She is "too important" for her family. Of course, I am adopted, but she is still my sister. She rules the land of the dead. Sadly, my father is the ruler of Valhalla, where Isabella is...tha might be a problem.

Odin has always liked hela way more than me. Thor and her were always fighting for their father's praise. I would never get any, no matter what I did. Slay a few hundred enemies threatening to disturb the piece of Asgard? Not good enough. Sacrifice yourself for your brother? Not good enough. Save the entire fucking universe? I didnt do that, but it wouldn't have been good enough. I could never impress him, and by the time I realized that, i had more scars than my brother, odin, and all the warriors of Asgard has combined. Magic covers them up, but that's besides the point.

Meditating for hours on end, trying to reach her mind so far away takes immense concentration and focus with no interruptions.

Stupid people kept interrupting me.