Chapter 10

*Isabellas point of view*

WAKE UP!!! I scream to myself, your friends need you!!! Loki needs you!!!

I fight with myself on and off. I win, but I also loose. I dont know how I'm going to wake up.

But I need to.

*lokis point of view*

I sit by Isabellas bed and rest my chin on my hand, watching her. She looks so peaceful and happy. Her face is pale and her eyes sunken. The team feeds her through something they call an IV, but it's not enough. Shes gotten skinnier. I'm afraid that is she dosent wake up, she night waste away to nothing.

Bruce keeps looking night and day for ways to try to wake her. All of his attempts have failed so far.

A couple days ago, he told us that Isabella could hear us. She was alive, but couldn't come out of her state of unconsciousness.

It frustrated me knowing she was in there, listening to everything we were saying and not being able to respond. I know what it's like. I dont want her to go through it too.

I talk softly to her. "Isabella, when you wake up, I'll be here. I care for you and even if I dont show it, I love you."

I start to cry quietly.

"L-loki?" A voice asks, I look up and see her, awake and alive.

"Isabella!!!" I shout, hugging her.

"Um, hi..." she says, obviously uncomfortable.

I shout for the others and they all come rushing in, beaming about her being alive.

Later that night, we have a feast. I eat alot and so does thor. Isabella hardly eats anything. It works me.

I excuse myself from the table and walk to the elevator. I hear footsteps pounding behind me and I turn to see Isabella, coming after me.

She walks into the elevator and pushes her floor button.

"So....." she starts, "you...love me?"

I blush, "that is correct."

"Well...." she says, her face starting to redden, "I... I love y-"

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

I bolt straight up. That was a dream? No, it couldnt have been....please let it have been a reality.

The long line of the continuous beeping snaps me back to my right mind.

Isabellas heart wasn't beating!!! She was dying!!

Frantically performing compressions, I beg for her to wake up.

Not a minute later, the team sprints in with Natasha in the lead.

She takes one look at isabella and shoves me out of the way, taking over the exhausting job of trying to save her.

I slump to the ground and start sobbing.

Please dont let her die. I cant live without her!! Please....please.

*isabellas point of view*

I died. I think. I'm not sure. I see a bright white light and a person with wings appears in front of me, holding out her hand.

"I am a valkyrie, I am here to take you to Valhalla. Usually we only take people that have died a heros death, but since you have saved so many people, I am allowed to take you."

My head spins at this information.

Im... dead?

"What about my friends?" I ask.

"They will have to move on. Now, come on." She says, pulling my hand.

"No." I say, pulling back, "I dont want to go!!  I want to be alive!!!"

"I'm sorry." She says, sympathy in her voice.

"Please, is there anything you can do? Anything?" I beg.

"Well....yes, there is." She says hesitantly.

"Do it!" I say, "please?"

"I'm not supposed to, but if you really, really want to still be alive, then I'm allowed to."

"Please."

"Okay. Close your eyes."

I do as I was told. I feel her hands on my head and hear her muttering something.

"Open your eyes."

I open them and she is still there, only we are in the room I died in. I see Nat, desperately trying to revive me. It breaks my heart at the amount of tears, streaming out of her eyes, ruining her mascara. Everybody's eyes are red. Loki is slumped on the ground, sobbing silently.

"I want to wake up." I look toward the valkyrie. "Please."

"Very well."

"Wait!" I say, "what is your name?"

"My name is vanessa."

"Thank you, vanessa." I say, ready to go back into the living world.

"If you really want to, then it is my pleasure." She says sweetly.

"Thank you." I whisper.
I start to feel some pressure, like I'm under water, and everything goes black.

Shooting upright, I startle Nat, who jumps back. She recovers faster than any of them, rushing forth to squeeze me into a hug.

"Ribs." I choke.

"Isabella!!!" The team shouts, gathering around me, asking millions of questions.

I stop them with a question of my own.

"Wheres loki?"

They look surprised at my question, but recover quickly.

"Hes right here," Nat says, moving a couple feet to the right.

There, on the floor, is loki, looking at me in disbelief. His eyes are puffy and red. Tears dying on his cheeks. Hes a mess. It looks like he hasn't slept in weeks. I didnt think he would ever let this happen to him.

"Isabella?" He asks, sniffling.

"Hey loki." I say casually.

"Isabella!!" He runs over and hugs me, careful not to hurt me. The team has looks of disbelief on their faces. I'm guessing they never thought loki would show this much emotion, especially to a human.

"Loki," I say, "I heard everything you told me."

He nods, saying that bruce told the team that you could.

"Oh, well that helps then, thank you bruce."

"No problem bella." He replies, pleased with himself.

I smile and pull away from loki.

"Its their turn." I tell him.

He pouts but steps back, and sits down, right where he just was, to let the others take turns hugging me.

Both steve and bruce give me hugs so tight, I'm afraid my ribs will break.

Tony and clint are more gentle, but I hug them tight to make up for it.

"We missed you, kid." Tony said, his eyes happy, "we all missed you."

"I know, I'm so sorry." I choke out, "I kept trying to-go wake up, but I- I couldn't. I'm so sorry." I'm sobbing by now and my body is shaking.

The whole team looks worried. I feel so bad. They try to reassure me. Nats eyes look concerned. Shes like my sister. I love her so much. I love all of them.

I'm still not one hundred percent sure if I love loki, but I definitely like him.

I this snaps me out of my deep thought.

Its loki. Hes standing now, glaring at me.

"I'm glad you're fine." He snaps, angrily walking out of the room.

What's his problem?

What did I do?