Chapter 24

*Loki's point of view* 

The funeral was Hell.  I was in the front row. The only people who attended was the team and a few friends that Isabella never talked about. Everyone was crying. 

When I went up to "say a few words" I broke down. I couldn't do it. I got out a couple of sentences because I crumpled to the ground, though. 

"Isabella was...she was my..my love. My everything. I have never loved someone as much as I..as I love her. I will never forget her...I broke my..my promise t her...I broke it....I couldn't protect her...I...I.." 

By that time, Wanda was up next to me. She put her hand on my shoulder and told me to come sit back down. I shrugged her off. I stayed there on the floor; tears streaming down my cheeks in silent sobs. I cant believe shes gone. 

"Brother..." 

I look up to see Thor standing next to me, holding out a hand. 

I slap it away, my grief turning into rage. 

The frost giants, my own species, they killed the love of my life. They are going to pay. 

I look up, eyes burning and teeth clenched.

I hear, I think his name is Bucky, but who gives a shit, whisper to Steve, "I know that look. Its not a good one. We should calm him down before he breaks."

"Good call, Bucky."

Steve starts to stand up and walk toward me. 

"NO!" I scream, I jump to my feet, my helmet and outfit shimmering into sight. My scepter appears in my hand. 

Everyone takes a step back except for Thor.

"Brother, back away." I snarl, "I don't want to hurt you."

"Put that away. We can help you."

"Like I helped Isabella?"

"Loki, that wasn't your fault."

"Yes it was!!! I made a promise to protect her!! I broke that promise the moment my father stabbed her!!!" 

He doesn't have a response to that.

I return my gaze to the team, backed up against the wall. 

Stark starts to step forward.

"KNEEL!!!" I yell, aiming the scepter at him.

He freezes.

"ALL OF YOU, KNEE!!!!" 

Reluctantly, they all kneel slowly. 

"That's better. Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

"Brother...."

I hit him in the side of the head as hard as I can with the scepter. He falls. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a planet to destroy. That planet has a king whom has murdered my love. They will all die."

"Loki," Natasha starts to say, "You don't have to, you killed her murderer."

"That's not enough!!"

"Loki, just please think about what you are doin-"  I shoot a blast at her. It hits her square in the chest. 

"I have had enough of your talking." I snarl. I turn to Thor, still on the ground, "Goodbye, brother."

I leave them.