Chapter 30

*Isabella's point of view*

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" Nico asks me.

We are walking to the yard after I finished trained, and I am feeling good. It was nice to finally train again. 

"Correction, it will be you, who will be getting your ass kicked."

"Damn." Gwen whispers to lilith, who are walking behind us, dressed in combat gear.

I am wearing combat boots, tight leggings, a dark blue T-shirt, and a leather jacket. My hair is pulled back into a tight ponytail so none of it gets in my face, and my knife is strapped to my waist. Of course, I won't need that. They don't know about my powers. This will be interesting.

Getting into the position I was told by the director, I am about 50 feet away from Nico, and the weapons are in the middle of a huge circle about 100 yards away from us. (Hunger Games vibessss) The whistle is blown and I sprint to the nearest weapon, which just happens to be a sword with snakes on the handle. It reminds me of Loki.

I take off and run to the lake. Maybe hiding in the tall grass will help disguise me, I mean, it's getting dark, so maybe. 

Another person walks by me, careful not to make a sound. I debate on killing him. I mean, he won't really die, but it will feel like I did kill him....

Lost in my head, I don't realize he saw me and tried to stab me. I leap back and kick him in the face as hard as I can, my instincts kick in and I beat him to the ground. Holding the sword over my head, directly over his heart, I hesitate.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" He growls.

"I've...never killed someone who didn't deserve it..."

"Let me give you some advice: dying hurts like it would back in the world of the living, so it's either kill or get killed. Plus, if you win, you get like, epic bragging rights for like, a day. So if you're not going to kill me, I'll just have to kill you."

He whips a knife out of his boot and slashed it across my face. I tumble backward, drawing my own knife and throw it at his chest. He goes down, blood seeping from the wound.

"I'm sorry!" I run up to him.

"Don't be sorry," He coughs, "This is what we do for fun. I've died so many times, I hardly feel the pain anymore. But hey, good knife skills."

"Thanks."

"Go kick some Nico ass. I heard him talking about how he was going to beat you. Don't let that happen."

"Okay, hey, what's your name?" I ask, talking fast.

"Issac."

"Nice to meet, er, kill you." I say, shaking his hand, his grip growing weak.

"You too." He pulls the knife from his chest and hands it to me, "Go kick some ass....?"

"Isabella." I reply, noticing his hesitation.

"Go kick some ass Isabella."

I smile at him, take the knife and pick up my sword. With one look back, I sprint over to the woods.

"2 players left." A voice booms over the yard.

Damn, did talking to Isaac really take enough time to have all but me and some other person be eliminated?

Wow, these people do not mess around. 

Someone clears their throat behind me. I whip around and fling my knife in the direction of the noise.