Nighttime

The hunters and the lords were one mile away from the village. They settled down behind some hills. 

It was getting darker and darker. And it was getting very cold. The only light and warmth source was the fire pit. The flames kept anyone warm, depending on if that person sat close to the fire. 

Some gormiti were sleeping in their tents while the others didn't feel the need to sleep.

The only gormiti who stayed up was Agrom, Piron, birk, and Delta. They sat around the fire pit. Everyone was silent. Looking at the fire eating up the wood and fuel, and getting stronger.  

Piron: So, how is everybody doing?

Birk: I'm alright.

Delta: Fine.

Agrom: Good.

Birk: Why do you ask? 

Piron: Just wanted to start a conversation, that's all.

Delta: I'm not interested in a conversation. Goodnight.

Delta left the others to go to his tent.

Birk: He's like that sometimes. But, maybe he's right. We do need to sleep. 

Agrom: Umm...Birk?

Birk: What is it, Agrom?

Agrom: I wondered a bit today. And didn't want to ask this in front of your brother. But, since he's sleeping. May I ask. Why does your brother wear a mask?

Birk: Well, let's just say he likes the style.

Agrom: Anything else?

Birk: Nope. Goodnight.

Birk left the others to go to his tent he shared with his brother.

Piron: Looks like he didn't want to answer your question, Agrom.

Agrom: Yep. Kinda feels like we are strangers to them.

Piron: Well, we aren't strangers to them, we have now become acquaintances with them.

Agrom: And what makes you say that?

Piron: Let's see, we introduced ourselves with them. Later we joined them. And we have only spoken to them a few times. Some of the conversations are short. And some of them don't even want to befriend us at all. 

Agrom: I guess you're right.

Piron: And the only solution to this is to leave them be, and let them do their work without bothering them.

Agrom: But, Terran said we could join them. He might let us help? Look how about this, we stay here a bit longer and see if they need our help with anything.

Piron: Fine...

Agrom: Good. Now let's get some sleep.

Piron: Good idea.

Agrom and Piron stood up and walked away from the fire to the tent. 

To be continued.