Chapter Three Memories New And Old

A/n
Im intentionally leaving out what happened to her. It shall be revealed later on

I woke up after what felt like forever. My legs barely holding as I stand up, I knew my mom wasn't here so I got on a new change of clothes and left. By the time I get to the Quarry Beverly just jumped in and before they could I made my presence known.
"Wow guys, two girls jumping in before you guys." I say laughing as I pull off my shirt
The guys just stared at me, I blushed a little and jumped in before they could say anything. I saw as Bill came down next joining Bev and I, the rest joined shortly after. We all started to splash around and dunk each other's heads in. I went under the water and jumped up behind Stan, shoving him under with him dragging me down with him.
"You weren't supposed to drag me down." I laugh as I splash him more.
"I wasn't gonna sit there." He says splashing me back
(I'm making friend goals here)
I looked behind us to see Bill and Beverly exchanging glances toward each other. I tried not to let it bother me that much and tried to have fun, I went underwater to see how long I could hold me breath and that's when last nights activity came back to me.
My mom bursted through my door grabbing me harshly and throwing me against the ground. I tried not to cry and stood up again not to show how weak this is making me. She gave me about 5 blows to the head with her fists before I grabbed her wrist.
"Oh you wanna play it like that." She slurred
I knew what was coming but before I could get away she grabbed my hair and pulled me into the broom closet at the end of the hallway. Well pulled is an understatement, she threw me in and locked the door.
"MOM!"
"MOM LET ME OUT PLEASE!" I begged as tears begin to well in my eyes
"MOM PLEASE I'M SORRY!"
Each and every word I said got no answer, I slide down the wall and begun to sob. The closet barely had enough room for me in it, The walls felt like they were closing in so much that I begun to hyperventilate and squeezed my eyes shut.
"PLEASE, I WON'T DO IT AGAIN JUST PLEASE LET ME OUT"
I then heard the slight jingle of little bells. My eyes shot up but nothing was there. My breathing was shortening more and more the longer I was in there, I didn't breathe in a lot as most of it was cut off by my sobs, then I blacked out.
I was pulled back up to the water not noticing how long I was under there.
"J-j-Jesus, wh-why didn't you come back u-up?" Bill asked me in a concerned tone
I just now realized that I was out of that memory and back to reality.
"Sorry I was just, caught up" I say as I let out a fake smile
He nodded and stayed beside me. I got the devilish idea and slowly went under.
"SNEAK ATTACK!" I yell emerging from the water pushing Bills head under.
I saw Beverly alone so I decided to swim up to her.
"Want some company?" I asked her
She nodded and gave me a sweet smile
"I'd like that."
While the guys were going on about a turtle me and Bev started to grow closer.
"I like your hair Bev, don't get me wrong I liked your long hair too just this compliments your freckles and eyes more." I tell her
"Thanks, I cut it myself." She tells me and she runs her hand threw her wet hair.
"Seriously? I thought that was done professionally." I said in awe at her hair skills
She laughed and we joined up with the guys on a large rock.
"Wanna sunbathe with me?" She asked me and she laid on the ground.
"Definitely." I responded laying beside her
Music played in the background as we all became dryer. I started fiddling with my lighter again like I usually do. (Don't ask how she has her lighter, how did Ben have his backpack? Basically she has her lighter on her right now)
I felt some eyes on me so Bev and I glanced towards the guys, as soon as we did that they all looked somewhere else. I chuckled and laid back down.
"News flash Ben, schools out for summer" Richie said in one of his horrible impressions
Ben looked over to see Richie digging around in his backpack.
"Oh that, that's not school stuff." Ben replies catching everyone's attention
Richie picked something up from his backpack and attempted to read it before Ben snatched it back from him.
Bev and I were intrigued and went over to see what their were looking at. She took a seat next to Bill as I sat down behind Rich and Stan.
"So guys what are we talking about?" I ask as I pat their backs.
"Just about Bens nerdy obsession with our beloved towns history." Richie tells me causing me to let out a chuckle
As Ben explains all that he has learned I completely lost track of time.
"Wait a minute, what time is it?" I asked them panic in my voice
"Umm like 4:30 why?" Eddie replied (Probably not the actual time since the time there was not specified so I'm just pretending)
I bolted up and started to freak out.
"SHIT, I have to go!" I told them all getting ready to leave
"Why it's so early?" Stan asked me
"No reason just, I just have to that's all" I say
I'm about to leave when I feel a soft familiar hand grab my wrist.
"D-don't go y-y-yet. P-pl-please" Bill begged
I sighed, why does this happen? He could tell me too fuck off and I would.
"I guess a bit longer wouldn't hurt anyone." I replied smiling.
Ben decided to invite all of us over to his place to see the rest of his research.
We got our stuff ready and left.
My mom was gonna kill me.