Chapter 2: You really look like you're going to kill someone

edited by Allaboutliterature19 give the woman some love. She's an amazing writer.

 She's an amazing writer

So, prom is coming soon. I really wish Mason asks me to prom. I mean it isn't like he knows I exist, but a girl can hope, right?

Our school has a tradition. If you want to ask someone to the prom, you have to write them a letter and leave it in their locker. If they agree, you'll find their letter in your locker. 

I had no such letter.

Daniel and Kenzie were sitting in front of me. Did I mention they had their faces glued to each other? They weren't even swallowing each other's faces, it looked more like they were trying to inhale each other.

"Guys get a room, please," I said.

"For making out? Please, you have no idea what I'd do if she was alone with me," Daniel said before resuming to suck her face.

Yep, that's it, I'm going to gag now. I get up and leave the bleachers, walking towards my locker.

✦✦✦

"Yeah, I think I'm going to ask that new girl to prom," I heard someone say. I turned around to see the football team heading towards the locker room. Mason walked past me. God, even when he was covered in sweat, I wanted to pounce on that boy. However, something caught my eye. There was a letter in Mason's hand. A letter? Prom

He knew who he was going to ask.

Against my better judgement, I immediately began to follow them. They were heading towards the locker room. I might regret this for the entirety of my life, but the risk was definitely worth it. I had to find out. I mean he wasn't asking me out, but he could've just noticed how beautiful I was and suddenly changed his mind.

I saw Mason heading for the showers. Wait, shirtless. Mason. No, Harper! Concentrate.

I waited until they were all gone, and then I walked up to Mason's locker. To my luck, his locker was slightly open, maybe by mistake, and I began my search. There were pictures of famous football players, some signed by them. Being totally freakish, I tried on some of his cologne. What? He smells divine. I finally found the letter. My fingers were just about to open it when the showers turned off. I quickly shut his locker and ran to an open one in the corner, squeezing myself in and shutting it behind me.

"The game was pretty good today, but as always Coach gave us his usual shit. I'd like to see him get off his lazy ass and get on the field," one of the guys said and everyone agreed.

Oh God, please no one open this locker. Please. Please. The locker rattled and the door opened, and I met a pair of familiar icy blue orbs. It had to be him. I clasped my hand over his mouth.