Chapter 2: Truth

Chapter 2:

Truth

Isaac held a dumbfounded look on his face for a moment.

"What do you mean my whole life is a lie?" Isaac asked angrily.

"Please have a seat, it will be better if you sit while we explain everything, it will take a while for us to do so," Athena said. Isaac went and sat on one of the beds.

"I will put it bluntly for you. Lerallia never existed." Athena said sternly.

"What do you mean it never existed?" Isaac asked startled.

"In a sense it did, but you weren't supposed to find out this way. Zinox and I were supposed to meet you and Lana at the edge of The Forbidden Forest and escort you here," Athena explained.

"Wait, Lerallia is close to here?" Isaac asked confused.

"Lerallia was nothing but a hologram created to socialize you and Lana before us coming to meet you. The people, the homes, the atmosphere and the forest were all created for you guys," Athena answered.

"Everyone I know was never real? You basically put me in a jail for eighteen years!" Isaac said furiously.

"You don't understand, we didn't have much of a choice we-"

"You didn't have a choice? How much do you even know about me? What the hell is going on?"

"You need to relax, becoming frustrated will only make things work. Take a deep breath and just listen," Athena said calmly. Isaac knew she was right. There was nothing he could do now but sit and listen. He felt a connection between them and trusted them.

"Okay, I'm sorry, please continue." Isaac said after taking a deep breath.

"Zinox and I never wanted to put you in there. Dark has been around since the time you were born, we don't know how he came to be or where he came from, but we know as of right now he is unstoppable," Athena began to explain.

"We wouldn't have been able to protect you while trying to fight him. In the event of an emergency your mother and father had already created Lerallia so you could live a safe and happy life,"

"You knew my mom and dad?" Isaac asked eagerly.

"We did, they were some of the best fighters we knew and a great asset to the Immortals, but due to unfortunate circumstances they lost their lives. Technically speaking, Zinox and I are your godparents," Athena answered.

"What? Mom and dad were Immortals, so that means I'm?"

"Yes. You have Immortal blood in you." Zinox said. Isaac could barely hold his enjoyment. He looked at his hands and wondered if he could use any cool powers.

"I know what you're thinking and the answer is no. Immortals are a tricky business. Every Immortal must go on a journey to find themselves. If you are worthy enough to become one, Kami will appear and imbue a power into you that fits your style. Although, this time it's a bit different, Kami has given us your power already." Zinox explained.

"I never read anything about Kami or Immortals being given their powers, why would he choose for me already?" Isaac asked disappointedly.

"Like I said, Immortals are a tricky business. Anyways, were there any books about the Demonics by chance?" Zinox answered.

"What are those?"

"Have you ever read about Demonia?" Athena asked.

"No, what is that?" Isaac asked.