Chapter 13: Evacuation

Chapter 13:

Evacuation

All eyes were now on Isaac. His voice hadn't been recognized as much up until that point. He realized he must be heard, especially if he was going to be the next Guardian.

"Zinox, Athena, do you trust his input?" The King asked.

"We do, let us work with him and Spyral and we will come back in an hour with the plan." Athena answered.

"The safety of the city is in your hands." The King said. Zinox and Athena looked over to Isaac who gave them a slight nod of approval.

The King and his guard left the throne room. It was decided that the Karhu would remain there to not be seen by any of the government soldiers. They did not want to risk having anyone from headquarters show up earlier than expected.

Isaac, Zinox, Athena, Azro'kin and Spyral all stayed behind with the Karhu so they could be in on the plan as well. Zinox and Athena already knew they would play a crucial part in the battle, but they needed to figure out which area would be suited best for them, evacuation or battle.

Isaac now had to prove his worth from what he said and help give input on devising the plan. He felt slightly anxious because he didn't want to seem like a fool after becoming so confident. Spyral could see his nervousness and decided to challenge him on it.

"What do you think our best course of action is, Isaac?"

There was a slight moment of silence while Isaac tried to collect his thoughts. He looked at Zinox as if he would swoop in to save him, but Zinox just gave him a nod, assuring him that he would be okay. He took a deep breath.

"The tunnels haven't been completed, have they?"

"No, not yet."

"Then we should gather as many soldiers as possible and lead them into the tunnel and trap them."

"What then?"

Isaac had to think for a moment. He didn't want to kill them, but he knew it would be too risky letting them go.

"We keep them hostage."

"What if they resist?"

"We knock them out."

"Do you think it'll really be that easy?"

Spyral was deflecting each of Isaac's ideas. He wanted him to know that it wouldn't be as easy as he thought. There was a lot of logic and calculation that went into planning, especially as something as important as the upcoming battle.

Isaac felt quite frustrated and embarrassed about Spyral making him look like his ideas were useless.

"Not all of them know what is going on." Azro'kin stated.

"What?" Spyral asked.

"Not all of the soldiers know that they are secretly working with the Demonics. Some still fight thinking they are fighting for what's right." He answered.

"Then it will be most unfortunate for them." Spyral said.

"What do you mean 'most unfortunate'?" Isaac asked angrily. His frustration and embarrassment turned into anger when he heard that. Just like the civilians, the soldiers who were unbeknownst to what was really going on behind the scenes were vulnerable to attack.