Chapter 5: Revenge

Chapter 5:

Revenge

Menkara led the way to the base while Isaac and Chloe followed close by.

"I'm sure you guys are just as tired as I am, we should make sure we rest up when we get back." Menkara said.

"I am feeling kinda tired now that you mention it." Isaac yawned as he stretched his arms in the air.

"I feel you on that one. I could fall asleep any second now." Chloe said. Menkara had stopped walking suddenly, leaving Isaac and Chloe confused.

"How come you stopped?" Isaac asked.

"Because we are here." Menkara answered.

"What do you mean we're here?" Isaac asked looking around to see nothing but barren desert. Menkara walked a few steps ahead and stomped his foot. It sounded like he was stomping on metal.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asked.

"Just give them a moment." Menkara answered. After a minute, the ground began to shake a little.

"What's going on?" Chloe said panicked.

"They are opening the door, hold your balance!" Menkara answered. Beneath where Menkara had stomped began to open up. As it was opening, sand fell through the hole. A staircase was revealed after the hole was fully opened.

"Where does this lead?" Isaac asked curiously.

"The base, we are located underground so we cannot be seen. Let us go, we do not want anyone finding out about where our base is." Menkara said as he rushed the others down.

After being pushed down, Chloe felt a little annoyed since she just spent a long time underground doing the trials.

"Are you okay?" Isaac asked. "You seem tense."

"I'm starting to get a little tired of caves." She sighed.

"I promise you, once we get to the end of this tunnel, you will not feel like you're underground at all." Menkara said trying to cheer her up. She felt a little better, and quite curious to see what Menkara meant.

The three began walking down the staircase while above them the hole was closing. Lights began to turn on beside them each couple of steps they took. Isaac felt both surprised and intrigued by them.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs they arrived in front of an elevator. Mekara motioned them inside, but the two were hesitant on going on. Neither of them had ever been on an elevator before. Especially one as ridged and worn-down this one looked.

Menkara lightly pushed them down and closed the gate behind them. He cranked a lever that was to the side and the elevator let off some steam and began to slowly move down.

As it descended further down, the elevator began to pick up speed.

"How far down is the base?" Chloe gulped.

"Not much further, just hang on tight, I promise we'll be there soon!" Menkara answered, trying to keep Chloe calm. Isaac felt just as nervous, but didn't say anything.

The elevator began to slow down and eventually came to a stop.

"We're here!" Menkara said.

In front of them were a futuristic looking wall and a door, but behind them were normal rocks, just like there was all the way down. The door and walls had blue lights running through them and seemed to be made out of a metallic like material.

"Is this the entrance? I've never seen anything like this before," Chloe said intrigued.

"Thanks to our services, we were given technology that surpasses a lot of what the desert has to offer," Menkara explained.