Chapter XII

Biting on her lip, Anamika concentrated hard on the book. It was one hell of a tricky question and seemed totally keen on wasting away her precious time.

Though Accountancy is one of her favourite subjects, but she hates it when some questions refuses to get solved.

Right now, she was sitting in Advay's room, beside him. Who was doing anything but study.

He was busy making a plane out of a paper. Rolling her hazel eyes at his childishness she again looked back on the book.

"Say if I proposed you one day, what would you do?" Advay muttered as he looked at her directly.

A bored look was plastered on Anamika's face. Squinting her eyes at him she glanced at him for just a brief second then again looked at the book.

Bewildered at the ignorance Advay said incredulously, "What? Is it not even a possibility in your eyes?"

Sighing Anamika scrunched up her nose, "Concentrate on the question Advay, or I swear I'll break that face of yours."

His shoulders slumped and with a defeated look he picked up the pen before staring at his book.

Well, he's the one who called her here in the first place, to help him with Accountancy. He can tolerate Economics and Business, but Accountancy is totally out of his reach.

"I heard that Naina had an accident. Is she alright now?" he asked without looking at her.

"Just some few scratches on legs and hands along with a swollen ankle. But she's fine now." Anamika replied. Suddenly she pulled onto her hair making Advay look incredulously at her.

"Why is this question so damn hard to solve? Couldn't it have been easy like the others in this chapter?" she screeched in extreme frustration.

Abruptly standing up she started pacing left and right in the whole room. "Okay calm down tiger. I know you're frustrated, trust me I'm too. But you need to calm down first to solve this."

"And what are you going to do? Watch me going all bonkers right." She snapped at him.

"You know how deep is my relationship with Accountancy." He replied sardonically as he shrugged his shoulders.

Shaking her head at him she only muttered one phrase, "Oh! Just go to hell."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Anamika, help me with this dupatta." Shivangi called out to her and like the sweet sister she was Anamika instantly walked towards her.

"Here take this." Shivangi handed her the safety pin that was in her hands. "I've made all the folds but I'm unable to pin it on my shoulder."

Anamika pinned the dupatta on Shivangi's shoulder with ease and walked back in front of the mirror, to make her hair.

Today was her grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary, most of the relatives had already arrived in the morning, while the remaining were bound to arrive before the evening.

Till the morning grandma and grandpa didn't even had an inkling of what was going on. But Anamika knew one thing that when Prerna Aunty with her children along and her father Upendra arrived her grandma's happiness knew no bounds.

She was so happy to see her daughter and son that her eyes teared up. And Prerna aunty's twin sons, they seemed to put a spell on her grandparents.

But when all of the family together wished and congratulated them her grandpa didn't forgot to pull one of his dramatics, 'I told you naa Bhagyashree that our children will never forget us.'