A fresh start 🍁

Anushree's viewpoint :

"Phew." I blew the hair flipping on my face every now and then.

Walking into the halls of an extremely new place is quite scary, isn't it? Though this place is my college and I'm gonna have to see these buildings, these halls, the classrooms, the campus for the next four years and tolerate it everyday, I'm quite nervous. Somewhere, I'm excited as well.

I walked inside the building in a wreck-like state and went to the office.

"New child." The receptionist smiled at me.

"Yes, first year." I answered pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Your name please." She stated.

"Anushree Sinha." I replied.

"Here's your routine, collect your books from the bookstore with the help of this." She said handing me a list of my classes and a token for the books.

"Thanks Ma'am." I smiled.

"And do check the notice board." She added just before I was about to leave.

"Sure." I said and walked out.

I went to the bookstore and collected my package for the freshman year. Time to keep these in my locker, so here we go.

How does this combination work? It's so tough opening the locker! After five minutes of struggle, I finally pulled the gate of the locker and pushed in my books in it.

The receptionist had informed me that the freshman have an orientation in the auditorium shortly. I safely kept my routine and other documents in a file and put them in the locker as well.

I was about to close it when I felt another hand on mine. The fingers were quite long, and it looked masculine. I tilted my head to see a boy standing next to me.

He's really tall and has extremely attractive features, out of which his dimple happened to enthral me.

"First year?" He questioned after closing my locker and turning me around in a way that our faces were facing each other.

"Yes." I stuttered taking away my hand from his grip.

"Cool." He smirked eyeing my body from top to bottom. I felt really uncomfortable because of his actions.

"Please excuse me, I have to attend-" I requested when he cut me off.

"Feel privileged that such a hot senior is talking to you." He said with a sexy smirk playing on his lips. I stayed silent at that cause I had nothing to reply.

"I'll see you around then." He winked at me and removed his hands from around both sides of my body.

"Yeah." I said and went away as soon as possible.

I took a seat at the extreme right corner of the auditorium during the orientation. The rules, regulations, expectations from the students of Miranda college and its legacy were being read out but my mind wouldn't let me focus.

All I could think was about that boy. His eyebrows, intense chocolaty brown eyes, breathtaking dimples and sharp jawline were the only things I could see. I can still feel his touch on my hand.

I didn't even notice when the orientation got over as I was badly lost in his thoughts. We have lunch right now and I don't know who I'm gonna sit with. I'm a loner right now but if I find him, maybe we can sit together.

I walked towards the cafeteria hoping to see him again and hear his voice. He seemed Punjabi to me because of his accent and it's weird how weirdly attractive he is.

There he is! He was with three other boys, sitting at a table for four. I smiled when he looked at me but he completely ignored me as if he knows nothing about my existence. Ouch, that did hurt.

I turned towards the huge line to collect my lunch.

"Hey." A girl said to me. She's the same person whom I saw this morning. She was entering the office when I was leaving.

"Hey." I grinned.

"I'm Riya." She said as we walked out of the line after getting our food.

"Anushree." I introduced myself.

We went to a table for two and sat down. I was still looking at the dimple boy. There's something differently attractive in him.

"Are you watching that guy?" Riya asked me looking at that group.

"No I was just randomly looking at him. The dimple one." I said.

"I met the one beside him this morning, he seems creepy." She said chewing her toast.

"What did he do?" I asked when I saw the four boys coming towards us.

"God." Riya rolled her eyes looking at them.

"Trouble having breakfast pretty ladies?" The one Riya was talking about questioned with a slight smirk.

"No. We're good, you can leave." She answered.

"Then maybe you should." He said picking up my plate and emptied it on her body.

"What the hell!" I shouted.

"Seniors se baat karne ki manners nahi hai tumhe?" The dimple boy said strongly gripping my arm.

"Leave me." I said trying to get out of his grip.

"Shut up." He said in a harsh voice which kind of scared me.

"Get lost." Riya said with a straight face while wiping her top with a tissue.

"I like the attitude. Just wait and watch, what I'm gonna do." The one who threw my lunch at Riya warned her.

"Shubman chal yaar." Another guy with one of his eyebrows having a slit said. Oh, so his name is Shubman.

"Keep your mouth shut next time." Shubman warned me angrily.

"Badtameez." Riya blurted as they went away.

"I don't understand why they did this." I said in a confused state.

"Typical bad boys." Riya sighed.

"And we're their targets?" I asked.

"Apparently." She said throwing her hands up in the air in frustration.

Popularity. It can make someone mean, someone weak and is even fatal to some. The start of my college life obviously isn't as pleasant and I hoped for it to be. Maybe, it's not pleasant at all. On the first day itself, I'm the target of the group of four bad boys.

A fresh start, a dreary end.