Misery 🍁

Ashwati's viewpoint :

"I'm so excited for Sunday!" Riya chirped as we walked towards the cafeteria.

"I'm hearing this for the 100th time today." I rolled my eyes.

"Jab tak Sunday nahi aata, tab tak sunti hi rahegi." She laughed.

"Aisa kya hai Sunday ko?" I questioned.

"Abhay is taking me out!" She exclaimed.

"Like a date?" I asked her.

"No just hangout." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Cool." I said.

I'm genuinely really happy for her. My instincts say that her lover story is gonna be a good one and her relationship can work.

Kamlesh and I have split apart but Abhay and Riya have become really close in the past few days. I hope they remain the same way always.

"And yes, tu bhi chal rahi hai mere saath." Riya said stepping down the stairs.

"Main kyu?" I questioned.

"Cause you're my best friend and you'll have to accompany me-" Riya was saying but suddenly she tripped on a stair and started falling down.

"Riya!" I screamed trying to get hold of her but she kept rolling down the stairs until her head banged out loud on the floor.

There was suddenly a commotion all around her. With an ocean of tears streaming down my cheeks I reached to her and lifted her up and placed her head in my lap.

The back portion of her head was bleeding badly. My yellow coloured outfit started turning into a shade of orange as the spilling of her blood continued.

"Abhay!" I shouted. He was the first person who's name came to my mind. He was nowhere to be seen so I took Riya's phone and called him.

I informed him about Riya and he came running just a minute later along with Kamlesh.

"Oh my God." He picked up Riya and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Main hospital jaa raha hoon." Abhay said and ran towards the gate as soon as he could.

"Riya ko kya hua? Itni chot kaise lag gayi?" Kamlesh came running to me.

"Kamlesh-" I broke down and he embraced me in a hug.

"Shh." He said patting my back. The crowd had now almost disappeared as everyone walked away.

"She'll be alright." He added hugging me tightly.

"I hope." I sobbed in his chest.

"Kaunse hospital gaya hai Abhay?" Kamlesh questioned me.

"Pata nahi." I sniffed.

"Accha we'll find that out. Then humlog bhi hospital chalenge." He replied rubbing my back in order to comfort me.

"Samikhya ko inform kardeti hoon, woh Anushree ko bata degi." I said pulling apart and reached for my phone.

"Main Ishan ko bata deta hoon." Kamlesh said doing the same.

I described Riya's accident to Samikhya and she started panicking on call. After around five minutes, Samikhya, Ishan, Anushree and Shubman arrived in the cafeteria.

"Kahan hai Riya?!" Samikhya asked me.

"Hospital lekar gaya hai Abhay." Kamlesh answered on my behalf.

"I'll get the car, humlog bhi chalte hain." Ishan said and then went out.

Samikhya's viewpoint :