4 • Kathy Frayer

"What's this weeks password to the Gryffindor common room?"

"Pumpkin Pastie, but if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me."

It was normal for Colette Fawley to be seen in the Gryffindor common room, and for the rest of the marauders to be seen in the Ravenclaw common room. If you were to question it, you would get many odd looks, for it was rare to see Coco without the rest of her gang.

It was the first full day of the marauders' sixth year at Hogwarts, which was typically the day that they got everything sorted out. House passwords, pranks, plans and schemes, and much more. Coco, not having too many Ravenclaw friends, decided to sit with the Gryffindors today.

She was sitting in between James and Sirius, and across from Remus and Peter.

"So what will we do for our first-week prank? Last year we pranked McGonagall, so how about this year we target the Slytherins." James suggested.

Coco was just like any other Gryffindor—annoyed with the presence of the Slytherin house. Yet for her, she hated it a little less then the rest of her friends seemed to. For one thing, her brother was in Slytherin. She also had two friends/aquaintences in the Slytherin house, including Judith Yaxley and Severus Snape. Of course, she's only friends with Severus because she stands against her friends who bully him so harshly, and she helps him in charms in exchange for help in potions.

"Sure. Let's just not target specific Slytherins this time." Coco said, glaring at Sirius and James, who made eye contact with each other, then played it off as if they hadn't heard her.

"We can do something with their food, maybe." Peter suggested.

"Ohh- like giving the house elves a 'special ingredient.'" Remus implied. Sirius's eyes went wild with excitement. He quickly turned to Coco.

"Coco bear, you're smart. What's something cool we can put in their food?" He asked. Coco rolled her eyes sarcastically, but smirked along with them.

"Oh Sirius, you give me such vorfreude. Let's just give the elves Hastie Hair Powder and watch the Slytherins go bald." Coco joked.

"Vorfreude? Come again?" James asked while letting out a small chuckle. A smile tugged at the right corner of Remus's mouth, as he answered before Coco could.

"Vorfreude. The joyful anticipation that comes with imagining future pleasures."

Coco turned to Remus, an impressed look on her face. "Moony, I for one am impressed. I was sure being around these losers from dawn to dusk had taken a toll on your brain. Wormy, let's switch places. Suddenly, I have a lot to talk about with Moony." Coco announced, standing up from her seat, earning pouts from Sirius and James. They tried to guilt trip her into staying seated next to them, but Coco wanted to discuss the latest books that Remus had been reading. They switched places, and Coco was about to begin her conversation with Remus, until a hand pressed down on the table in between them.

Coco immediately became annoyed.

She looked up to see Kathy Frayer, a Ravenclaw girl who was unfortunately her roommate, standing annoyingly close to the both of them. In fact, the girl had the audacity to squeeze her hips in between Coco and Remus, to speak with the boy. She was very protective over her Moony, especially when it came to girls like Kathy.

"Hi Remus. I- um heard we had Charms together. I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me today?" She muttered timidly, yet slightly flirtatiously. Coco furrowed her eyebrows. Coco always sat with James in defense against the dark arts, she always sat with Sirius in Transfiguration, she had potions with the Gryffindors and Slytherins so she typically sat with either Lily or Severus, she always sat with Peter in Divination, and in Charms, Remus was always her partner. Always.

But Remus was too kind to say no to Kathy, so as they talked for a bit longer, Coco turned to James with wide eyes.

'What the fuck?' She mouthed. James just shrugged, like it was no big deal, and turned away. Then suddenly, his eyes lit up, and he turned to Coco with great curiosity. A mischievous smirk played at him lips, which made Coco do fake-gagging motion. She was only annoyed because they had a routine for 6 years that was now breaking. That was all.

In the middle of Kathy and Remus saying their goodbyes, Coco stabbed down at the mashed potatoes on her plate, making quite a resonating sound.

-

"Sirius, can you sit with me in charms?" Coco asked, with puppy dog eyes. Sirius could never say no to those eyes. They were a light brown, with green specks in them. He also had always had a soft spot for Colette Fawley.

"Of course I will, since you're so heartbroken over Moony." He teased, lightly bumping her on the shoulder with his arm. Coco and Remus had an ongoing flirting joke, so Coco decided to joke around with Sirius.

"Do you think... do you think this is me and Moony's break up?" She said, with a fake crying voice.

"Never. You'll always be my number 1, baby bear. Sit with me tomorrow, yeah?" An approaching voice said. A big smile erupted on Coco's face, as a subtle rush erupted in her stomach. She slung her arm around Remus. "Glad we're still married. I was this close to signing the divorce papers, Lupin." Coco warned, holding up her fingers to show a small amount. Both Sirius and Remus began laughing, as Coco leaned her head on Remus's shoulder.

Yet down the hall, a slightly frowning Kathy Frayer was growing jealous.